The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out on August 19th, so I figured this would be the opportune time to provide some interesting trivia. Enjoy!
1. Emma Stone actually wrote Gwen Stacy's graduation speech at the beginning of the film.
2. Jaime Foxx Briefly Changed His Twitter Name To "Electro" To Promote The Film
3. Before the character of Mary-Jane was cut from the movie, Shailene Woodley (Divergent) was cast for the part. Prior to the decision, Kristen Stewart (Twilight) was considered for the role.
4. A character was introduced as a female Oscorp worker named Felicia Hardy. In the comics, Felicia Hardy plays an burglar named Black Cat. In the movie, Hardy was originally scripted as Harry Osborn's girlfriend, but this was later cut because the movie was already too long.
5. During an interview with Conan before he even got the part, Paul Giamatti said that the Spider-Man villain he would most want to play is Rhino.
6. Dane DeHaan (who plays Harry Osborn) lost seven pounds in one day when shooting the final battle scene with Spider-Man. He had to wear over three hours worth of prosthetics and a fifty pound suit in 115 degree weather. They eventually had to rig a tubing system to cool him off.
7. Marc Webb, the director of the film, was contracted to make two movies for 20th Century Fox. However, the Spider-Man film's schedule prevented Marc from making the second. As a compromise, the Spider-Man film's mid-credit scene advertises [X-Men: Days Of Future Past](movie:203942) for free and Webb's contract was stretched to three films.
8. When Peter Parker spies on Gwen as she's walking a dog, the dog is actually Andrew Garfield's and Emma Stones's dog that they adopted the previous year.
9. [The Amazing Spider-Man 2](movie:508593) was announced eleven months before the first movie came out.
10. Several different endings were filmed, but both were taken out because they pushed the line on the PG-13 rating. One featured The Green Goblin snapping Gwen Stacy's neck with his bare hands, and the other showed the Goblin stabbing her.