1) Lets start the article with chappelles show, a show that any comedy fan can agree was cut much too short. Unlike most of the other shows on this list it wasnt so much that we as viewers didnt get an ending to a cliffhanger(unless you count the real life cliffhanger waiting to hear the truth about dave after he left the show). It was simply that Chappelle and co-creator Neal Brennan were best friends at the time writing edgy comedy that was also clever enough to break down boundaries between people of all races, creeds, sexuality, and religion. I believe the smartest comedy is comedy you watch and laugh the whole time only to realize when your done laughing that you have learned a real lesson. He will be missed, or maybe just maybe.....comedy central can convince him to come back and give him full creative control. always a chance i guess.
2) This one i dont have much to write about as it was to most people(and me a little as well) just another procedural show trying to cash in on some other type of suspense other then your typical law & order and CSI shows. But after alot of free time a few years ago and thanks to TNT airing like 2-5 episodes a day all week i grew to love the characters and like the show. i mean the cast is great and sure its a little cheesy but it was fun. to my surprise as i watched all the episodes it came to a season finale with a gigantic cliffhanger that due to the writers strike awhile back would be the last episode ever.
3) A great sports themed talk show that i believe was much funnier then @midnight and any stephen colbert that was canceled for god knows what reason. SNL fired Norm in the early 90s only to ask him to come back and host a year later because his fame rose. Hopefully he can get big again and rub it in comedy centrals face. watch the blake griffin skit and you will agree this show should still be on.
4) Party down came from the creators of veronica mars and many episodes directed by Fred Savage, the cast is amazing dare i say COMEDY GOLD! Great show that was super hilarious and had decent to great ratings but was plagued with people leaving for other work. Jane Lynch left for Glee after season 1(replaced by the lovely Megan Mulally). Then it seemed like every actor had bigger plans but wished they could stay. adam scott went to parks and rec, lizzy caplan did movies as well as a stint on true blood and is now on masters of sex(which i have yet to watch). Every cast member and the creators express interest often to finish it with a movie. SO KICKSTARTER IT!!
5) NOTHING TO SAY AT ALL!!! IF YOU LIKE RAUNCHY, DUMB, HILARIOUS COMEDY THEN JUST GO WATCH AN EPISODE!!! ANY EPISODE!
6) ONCE AGAIN NOT MUCH TO SAY HERE! SETH MCFARLANE+ROB CORDDRY LIVING AT HOME STEP BROTHERS STYLE=AWESOME!
7) blasphemy that it was canceled. AMAZING IT HAS BEEN SAVED!! NOW WE WAIT FOR THE JAY CHANDRASEKHAR DIRECTED MOVIE!!
8) Quite possibly one of the most underrted shows in television history. This show had everything right, twists that made sense and no sense at all, great writing, great acting, great cast. Brilliantly told through interconnecting people but still focusing on one main storyline, this show had the BIGGEST cliffhanger i have seen ever and it was canceled. It was shopped around to other networks but no one took it leaving The Event still with many unanswered questions.
9) This show was another unfortunate victim of the writers strike. the ratings were dipping so after the strike ended they decided to let the show end too. not too big of a cliffhanger but it all just felt like a very sloppy way (especially for FX) to end a show. Very menacing and seductive yet hilarious and dark this show brought out the best performance i have ever seen from leads Izzard and Driver.
10) Okay people hear me out first. Yes im a huge eminem fan and have been forever but i loved this show purely for the comedic value. Eminem AKA Marshall Mathers did this show with FOX as a producer around his initial claim to fame. It is a series of about 5 minute episodes all telling very different stories. The timing was perfect but slim shady was just too raunchy and busy and high to keep it going. Go and watch "The Slimshank Redemption" episode and tell me you didnt laugh so i can call you a LIAR!! HAHA
Please leave any feedback including the shows you would add to the list.
This is my 3rd article and im trying to do something different instead of just Mainstream news for now hope you guys like it.