Today, Warner Brothers has announced their superhero movie schedule through 2020. This list includes plans for a Suicide Squad movie, the actor set to play The Flash on the big screen, and the Justice League sequel.
According to Warner Brothers CEO Kevin Tsujihara during an interview with The Wall Street Journal's Ben Fritz the schedule is as follows.
- "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" Directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot.
- "Suicide Squad" Directed by David Ayer with no confirmed cast as of yet.
- "Wonder Woman" With no director attached to the film yet but it will be starring Gal Gadot.
- "Justice League" We have been waiting for this for far too long, directed by Zack Snyder.
- "The Flash" Starring Ezra Miller in the title role. It has not been officially announced who will be directing this one. Also since the new CW TV show "The Flash" features Barry Allen's Flash, maybe the movie will be of Wally West? This is probably the biggest news in this article considering there was no announcement about who will play The Flash until today.
- "Aquaman" starring Jason Momoa as previously announced. Again, no director yet and to do Aquaman justice, this needs to be perfect.
- "Justice League 2" That's right, they haven't released a single one of these movies yet and they already have a Justice League sequel panned! This tells me that Warner Brothers has some huge plans for some of our favorite heroes. I suppose they would have to if they want to keep up with Marvel/Disney.
- "Shazam!" Dwayne Johnson will be playing supervillan Black Adam. Has all the same powers as Shazam but he's evil, which usually turns out to be a weakness.
- "Cyborg" Starring Ray Fisher who will be coming back after BvS: DoJ.
- "Green Lantern" No directors or actors have been tied to this reboot yet. So, Ryan Reynolds will NOT be coming back to this role, which is pretty standard with reboots.
Tsujihara also talked about solo Superman and Batman films but was not specific about dates. Nevertheless, this 2 movies per year plan seems pretty solid so I'm extremely excited!