Although Firefly is unlikely to return to our television screens any time soon, it is getting ready to head onto your PC and/or smart phone.
Firefly Online, an upcoming MMORPG from Qmx and SparkPlug Games, has just released the first sneak peek of its 3D environments - complete with a voiceover from Captain Mal and Jayne. Check it out below, it looks real shiny.
Firefly Online, which is described as a strategic online role playing game, is currently in development for Windows-based PCs, Mac OS X, iOS and Android. Qmx also state the game might expand to other platforms in the future.
So what kind of trouble can you get up to in Firefly Online? Well, the official website claims:
In Firefly Online, players assume the role of a ship captain as they hire a crew and seek out adventures, all the while trading with and competing against the millions of other players to try to survive in the Verse: find a crew, find a job, keep flying.
FFO provides a variety of gameplay activities and systems so that players can fully experience life in the Verse.
- Assume the role of a ship captain – create a crew and customize a ship
- Aim to misbehave in space and planet-side adventures
- Cross-platform player experience across devices (pick-up and play from anywhere)
- Unique social features connecting Firefly fans
- Create a shiny ship and explore the Verse
The game is currently expected to release sometime in early 2015.
Firefly Online looks and sounds...