I know that there's gonna be a bunch of people writing the same article about how awesome this trailer is, so I'm going to go against that and say it sucked...
HAHA SIKE!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!
So many people are going to write what I'm about to write but I just gotta say it, I loved this trailer.
Let me first start off by saying that Ultron has always been my favorite Avenger's villain, I have almost every major appearance he has in the comics except his first appearance ($$$). So when I heard in SDCC 2013 that the Avengers sequel was titled "Age of Ultron" I broke out screaming with joy like a maniac and after watching this trailer I did the exact same thing.
Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it but let's be honest. The majority of Moviepiloters have seen it.
"You are all puppets. Tangled in strings... strings."
James Spader's voice fits beautifully in Ultron. I couldn't imagine anyone else to play such an iconic villain. And what I find fascinating is that his mouth moves. I know it's weird to think about but I never imagined his mouth move in the comics. And the way he appears make him almost look human from his mouth to his menacing eyes, and just the way his face movies. That's where I see the beauty and horror in Ultron.
Ok so what I loved most about this trailer was Ultron, but I'm gonna get back to him later and discuss about the other things I loved about this teaser trailer.
- First off, Civil War is going to happen because everyone is blaming Tony Stark. Thor grabs him by the throat and Tony feels horrible after seeing what Ultron is doing. Speaking of Tony...
- The Hulkbuster Armor! It looked badass! To see it battle the Hulk in just 2 seconds was amazing footage.
- Cap's shield destroyed, was a huge part of the trailer. So i'm going to assume that Ultron's final form is made out of Vibranium.
- The Twins Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch allies with Ultron? In the trailer they appear towards Ultron like there going to make a deal or something. Of course we know that they turn against Ultron and fight to stop him but I'm curious to see what's up between them. Perhaps HYDRA is pulling the strings on the twins.
- What I would've liked to see more of is Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch showing off there powers because we only see them use it once, but that's just being nit picky.
- Also Andy Serkis can be seen in the trailer (1:33) as who? My guess us Ulysses Klaw, a Black Panther villain, but we'll find out when the movie hits theaters.
Ok so back to the topic of Ultron. The creepy song from Pinocchio "No Strings on Me" play ominously in the background while everything goes down. It isn't just Disney being Disney, it's to show Ultron's mentality on the world he see's and his plan to "cure" it The trailer ends with Ultron saying, "Now I'm free. There are no strings on me." That gave me goosebumps.
And on a lighter note, a new poster has been released and it also looks awesome!
In this day and age it is great to be a nerd/geek. Every bit of news makes me happy and I hope it makes you happy.
So in the words of Andrew Lincoln. "You either love the trailer. Or your wrong."
Just messing with you. You can dislike it but please comment why?
"There are no strings on me."