This is my third instalment in my weekly 'Versus' series to clear up common arguments I get asked of who would win in a fight, this weeks it's to settle who would win out of two of the most bad-ass characters ever made. Deathstroke vs. Wolverine.
To clarify, they have not prepared for the fight all they know is that their opponent is highly skilled nothing else therefore can bring whatever weapons they want to the fight. Furthermore, both are at full capacity, so Wolvie has his healing factor, adamantium laced skeleton and claws and Slade has as much fire power as he wants plus his full senses, abilities and healing. Lets meet the combatants:
Slade Wilson was enlisted into the army at the age of 16 (lying abut his age) and quickly became one of Americas best soldiers mastering every fighting style he was presented in remarkable time and quickly picked up different forms of combat. Because of his proficiency on the field the army selected him for an experimental drug to create meta-human soldiers which worked massively well. After, Slade went rogue and became the most deadly and highest paid mercenary's in the world, he went under the codename Deathstroke.
Powers and Abilities:
- Meta-human Strength: Slade, post-serum, has the strength of over ten men and verges on super-human
- Meta-human Speed: Slade possesses a speed well above that of an average individual.
- Meta-human Stamina: Has been known to be able to keep running non-stop for days on end
- Meta-human Reflexes: Slade's reflexes were rapidly increased after the serum to the point they are almost at a 'spider-sense' level speed
- Master Strategist and Tactician: Deathstroke has the capacity to access up to 90% of his brain (compared to a usual humans mere 10%) making him a tactical genius, adept at turning opponents' own abilities against them; this can also be attributed to his years in the military and combat with various heroes
- Healing Factor: Deathstroke also possesses a healing factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person; however, it does have limitations, as he could not heal his missing eye and cannot regenerate entire limbs. This enables him to recover from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, though recovering from such injuries renders him insane and animalistic for a short period
- Master Combatant: Deathstroke is a very formidable opponent in hand-to-hand combat and is trained in almost every form of fighting getting to the point of, or even surpassing, Batman's knowledge and training in combat.
- Master of his HUGE Arsenal: Deathstroke is skilled in the use of many weapons including guns, rifles, and swords, which are usually among his current weapons of choice. His signature weapon is a power staff that fires lethal and non-lethal energy blasts from both ends. The staff can also be used to strike using energy at each end. In some humanistic versions of Deathstroke, his staff fires bullets and miniature cannonball-like pellets instead of energy blasts. His staff can bend and stretch to include both of his martial art forms. He is also seen with a wide array of swords (often two at a time), including giant broadswords and katana swords. Typically in combat, he will use his other weapons (guns, knives, swords) until those are useless, saving his best weapon as backup. His body armour is composed of a mesh-woven, kevlar, chainlink mail, capable of stopping small arms fire. Most of the metal he wears and uses is Promethium. However, in the New 52, he wears a full suit composed of Nth metal. This armour allows him to absorb blows from some of the mightiest DC beings, as evidenced by it being able to absorb numerous blows from Lobo.
- Animal State: Trying to recover from a would-be-fatal injury causes him to go insane and animalistic for a short period which may make him still dangerous but it would make him lose tactical advantage
When James Howlett was a young boy he lived in a house with his parents and brother after his real father the groundskeeper came back and killed his supposed father. This lead to James to eject bone claws from his knuckles and kill the groundskeeper. Later on his life he joins the Canadian military and goes through many wars before being recruited to the black ops unit 'Team X' before being kidnapped and experimented on by the Weapon X program where adamantium was forcibly bonded to his skeleton. After a fling in the Canadian government where he took the codename Wolverine he joins the second generation of the X-Men to which he has been a long-standing and fan-fav member.
Powers and Abilities:
- Adamantium Claws: Wolverine had his skeleton coated with the rare metal Adamantium leaving his previously bone claws that much harder and stronger to the point they can cut through practically any material
- Healing Factor: His primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process, typically referred to as his mutant healing factor, that regenerates damaged or destroyed tissues of his body far beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human. In addition to accelerated healing of physical traumas, Wolverine's healing factor makes him extraordinarily resistant to diseases, drugs, and toxins. However, he can still suffer the immediate effects of such substances in massive quantities; he has been shown to become intoxicated after significant amounts of alcohol, and has been incapacitated on several occasions with large amounts of powerful drugs and poisons
- Nye Indestructible: With his skeleton laced with Adamantium combined with his healing ability makes Wolverine practically indestructible
- Enhanced Strength: Has been shown to go toe to toe with some very strong foes
- Enhanced Stamina: His stamina is sufficiently heightened to the point he can exert himself for numerous hours, even after exposure to powerful tranquilizers
- Enhanced Senses: Wolverine's senses of sight, smell, and hearing are all superhumanly acute. He can see with perfect clarity at greater distances than an ordinary human, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to both hear sounds ordinary humans cannot and also hear to greater distances. Wolverine is able to use his sense of smell to track targets by scent, even if the scent has been eroded somewhat over time by natural factors. This sense also allows him to identify shapeshifting mutants despite other forms they may take. He is also able to use his senses of smell and hearing, through concentration, as a type of natural lie detector, such as detecting a faint change in a person's heartbeat and scent due to perspiration when a lie is told
- Proficient Combatant: During his time in Japan and other countries, Wolverine becomes a master of virtually all forms of martial arts and is experienced in virtually every fighting style on Earth. He has demonstrated sufficient skills to defeat the likes of Shang-Chi and Captain America in single combat. He also has a wide knowledge of the body and pressure points. He is also a trained Samurai.
- Proficient Marksman: He is proficient with most weaponry, including firearms, though he is partial to bladed weapons
- Berserker Rage: Wolverine will sometimes lapse into a "berserker rage" while in close combat. In this state he lashes out with the intensity and aggression of an enraged animal
- Honour: Logan adheres to a firm code of personal honour and morality which can cause a disadvantage to enemies with no such code.
- Berserker Rage: Whilst in this state (similar to Slade) he loses any tactical advantage he had. He loses his mind.
- Drowning: It has been suggested that Wolverine can be killed by drowning. He has stated that he is not particularly fond of being in water, due partially to the additional weight of his adamantium laced skeleton, and that he can die if held under water long enough with his healing factor only prolonging the agony
- Other Methods of Subduing: S.H.I.E.L.D. once managed to keep Wolverine anesthetized by constantly pumping eighty milliliters of anesthetic a minute into his system.
He finally comes to an end by being covered in liquid Adamantium which then hardened encasing him forever
Who I Think Would Win:
Deathstroke's intelligence is what swings this one for me. With that capacity of brain it wouldn't take Slade long to figure out that Wolverine had a healing factor which would make him drop most of his heavy weapons thus increasing his speed. Not long after that he would uncover the weaknesses of Wolvie, then use his master strategy to expose it and take down Wolverine once and for all. I mean, come on. The dude took down Lobo.