Hey there Jabronis this is the Movie Backlot Podcast EP:36, I am one of your host Steven Merced and I am joined by Alexander Robinson and Dylan Mickanen. For those of you that don’t know the Movie Backlot podcast is geekedoutnation.coms Movie podcast. Every week we get together and Look at the weeks box office numbers, see whats coming out next week and discuss the biggest movie related news stories. After all that is said and done we turn the show towards Blu-Rays and see which ones are worth talking about.
We record live every Sunday over on the Geekedoutnation YouTube channel and the audio goes up on Itunes and anywhere podcast are available the very next day.
1. Ouiji $10.7 million
2. Nightcrawler $10.4 Million
3. Fury $8.8 Million
4. Gone Girl $8.4 Million
5. The Book of Life $8.2 Million
20. Saw 10th Anniversary $650,051 ($315 per theater average)
1. Marvel announced their entire Phase 3 slate which will start after Ant-Man for some reason.
• Captain America: Civil War May 6th 2016
• Doctor Strange November 4th, 2016
• Guardians of the Galaxy 2 May 5th 2017
• Thor: Ragnarok July 28th, 2017
• Black Panther (starring Chadwick Boseman) November 3rd, 2017
• Avengers Infinity War Part I May 2018
• Captain Marvel July 6th, 2018
• Inhumans November 2, 2018
• Avengers Infinity War Part II May 2019
2. RUMOR: Sony is planning an all-female Spider-man movie titled Glass Ceiling, Badass Digest claims the project, currently dubbed Glass Ceiling, is a team-up movie that would feature all female Spidey characters. It's unknown just which characters will be included in the film, but a few possibilities could possibly include Spider-Girl, Firestar, Black Cat, some version of Spider-Woman, Silk, and Silver Sable.
3. It looks like X-Men's Ragin' Cajun is getting his own movie. Channing Tatum has reportedly signed on to star as the card-throwing mutant with Robocop writer Josh Zetumer slatted to pen the adaptation for Fox. According to Deadline, the X-Men spinoff movie featuring Gambit is on track, but has not yet been given a release date. X-Men: Days of Future Past's Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner will produce, with Tatum's Magic Mike collaborator Reid Carolin.
4. Star Wars Episode VII has wrapped filming and JJ Abrams only shot one sequence of the movie in IMAX.
5. Rumors are flying which claim that the Wonder Woman standalone film will take place in the 1920s to potentially coincide with the woman’s suffrage movement.
6. Christian Bale drops out of the Steve Jobs bio pic while Seth Rogan has joined the project to play Steve Wozniack. Jessica Chastain is eyed for a role as well in the Danny Boyle directed bio pic on Jobs written by Social Network screenwriter Aaron Sorkin.
7. After implying he'd like to "flex new muscles" after Transformers 4, director Michael Bay has officially passed on helming Transformers 5 -- and instead, will tackle the Benghazi-based 13 hours.
8. Terminator Genisys has revealed new images and plot details for the upcoming reboot/not reboot/ can’t make up their minds/whatever it’s a major franchise so it will surely make money” installment in the popular franchise. Minor spoilers for the upcoming movie if you want to void everything about it will follow so skip ahead. The plot details are as follow
“Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.”
9. First trailer for Furious 7 was released
10. First trailer for the upcoming Christmas classic Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever was released online and looks glorious.