It's December now, and that means buying Christmas trees, decorating the house, putting up lights, and most of all, watching Christmas movies. Among the classics like It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol is the hilarious A Christmas Story. From "you'll shoot our eye out," to "oooooohhhh fuuuuuuuudge," this family favorite first hit screens back in 1983. Now, thirty-one years later, many families still make a tradition of watching it every holiday. However, many of the cast members were children, and most don't realize how drastically they have changed in three decades!
Let's take a look:
Peter Billingsley - Ralphie
Since A Christmas Story, Peter has not only continued acting, but he has made his mark with producing as well. Perhaps one of his biggest projects was executive producing the blockbuster superhero film Iron Man. Recently he has been producing the television show Sullivan & Son.
- Peter played "Messy Marvin" in the Hershey Chocolate Syrup commercials
- He is good friends with Vince Vaughn
- He is currently producing a musical version of A Christmas Story on Broadway
Ian Petrella - Randy
Ian Petrella hasn't done much acting lately, and when he has, he was only in very minor rolls. He was in Beverly Hills, 90210 in 1991 and then acted in an episode of a series called Crafty in 2009. He then quit acting and now works as a puppeteer.
- He studied comedy improv as a teenager
- He loves to animate
- He's a fan of Pink Floyd
Scott Schwartz - Flick
Scott Schwartz acted in a few other works after A Christmas Story. He went on in movies such as Raiders of the Living Dead (1986) and Fear (1988). Later, Scott started with adult films. After several years of working in that industry, he quit because he wanted to return to mainstream acting. He is announced to be in a TV series called The Comeback Kids.
- He has mostly worked at his father's store in California
- Scored number 85 on VH1's 100 Greatest Kid Actors
- He is only 5' 2"
R. D. Robb - Schwartz
R. D. Robb continued acting and worked on a lot of projects at the turn of the century, from Matilda (1996) and Falling Sky (1999), to Boys Klub (2001). Most recently he applied his voice to the Jade Empire video game as the character Jing Woo.
- He was born in Philadelphia
- He voiced Miguel in He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special only a year after A Christmas Story
- He has been announced to be the executive producer for the upcoming TV series, A Girl Called Fearless
Zack Ward - Scut Farkus
Zack Ward has doubtlessly had the most successful acting career of all of the others listed in this article. He has appeared in such movies as Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Transformers. He has also appeared in many popular TV shows like CSI, Lost, and Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles. Recently, he appeared in an episode of the show Fallen Cards.
- He has starred in four video-game adaptions of movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Postal, BloodRayne: Deliverance, and Alone in the Dark II
- His character in A Christmas Story served as the inspiration of Scott Tenorman on South Park
- He is good friends with Christopher Titus (Bad Parents, Titus, Scar)
Yano Anaya - Grover Dill
Yano didn't do much acting after A Christmas Story, but he played yet another memorable role in Better Off Dead as the paperboy who wanted his two dollars. After acting, he became the Director of a personal training program in Atlanta.
- He has an older sister who's also an actress
- He acted in the Van Halen 'Hot For Teacher' video
- He was born in London, England