Twenty years ago today, we bid farewell to the icon of 90s fashion and sarcastic teenagers ever: Clarissa Darling.
From 1991-1994, Clarissa (Melissa Joan Hart) single-handedly abolished the myth that a female-led children's show would fail or not appeal to boys. Like Lois Lane before her, Clarissa was an inspiration for girls who wanted to become writers or journalists and her BFF Sam showed that boys and girls can be best friends (though he was super cute to 90s kids).
So to celebrate this "way cool!" show, let's countdown the top 10 most 90s things to happen on Clarissa Explains It All:
- The theme song sung by Rachel Sweet
- This timeless exchange between Clarissa and Sam
- This bonding moment between Sam and Mr. Darling
- Gaming: 90s edition
- These hipster glasses were actually considered unappealing
- This topical pop culture reference
- This brilliant way to pass the time on rainy days
- This amazing shirt of Sam's that speaks to us on a spiritual level
- Putting down that landline phone to tune in to SNICK