You can now download nine new totally awesome gruesome special executions for The Last of Us Remastered.
In addition to the special executions, Naughty Dog has released a range of other DLC for The Last of Us Remastered, including new weapons bundles, gestures, and more.
- Tactical Weapons Bundle ($3 or $1 each) - Includes the Tactical Shotgun, Burst Pistol, Frontier Rifle, and Crossbow.
- Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle ($3 or $1 each) - Includes new skills Lone Wolf, Second Chance, Jack of All Trades, Lucky Break, and Lethal Efficiency.
- Misfit Head Item Bundle ($7/individual pricing varies) - Includes the Viking Hat, Plague Mask, Smiley Mask, Outlaw Mask, Ski Goggles, Broken Gas Mask, Ballistic Helmet, and Urban Camo Helmet
- Gestures Pack 2 ($2.50 or $1 each) - Includes Dust Myself Off, Evil Laugh, Game Over, and Intimidation
- Gestures Pack 3 ($2.50 or $1 each) - Includes You're Done, Combat Formation, Stretch, and I'm Watching You.
Unfortunately not all these extra features will be available on the PS3. The PS4 will be acquiring all the executions simply due to the size of the machine.
"We had to exclude some sets from the PS3 version of the game due to memory constraints on the hardware," said Naughty Dog community strategist Eric Monacelli on the official The Last of Us site. "Yes, it seems with our latest add-ons we're squeezing every last ounce of memory the PS3 has to run our Factions mode."
The PS4-exclusive special executions are for the rifle, automatic rifle, and ground shiv, Sony has confirmed to Eurogamer.
"Clearly our The Last of Us combat designer has a soft spot for a good takedown," Naughty Dog wrote in its announcement, "and has designed some very visceral, very lethal Special Executions across nine different weapon categories. These sets of animations are available for purchase for $0.99 each."
For more on The Last of Us and the latest gaming news hit that follow button!