Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition will include all of the stylish action gameplay from the original release, all previously released downloadable content, including the “Vergil’s Downfall” campaign plus brand new modes and additional content, making this the ultimate offering for Devil May Cry fans.
Devil May Cry Definitive Edition sees Dante's origin story being retold against a contemporary backdrop. Dante is a young man with no respect for authority or society in general. He knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast.
Thanks to his twin brother Vergil, leader of the anti-establishment group "The Order", Dante is now discovering and coming to terms with what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel. Combat and movement throughout the game are influenced by Dante's ability to call upon both angel and demon abilities, dramatically affecting the gameplay style.
Balancing and improvements based on fan feedback from DmC Devil May Cry are being implemented into DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, as well as modifiers that can be turned on at various stages, including Turbo Mode which allows players to increase the speed of play for even faster, more intense combat. Additional leaderboards, trophies and achievements will be included, as well as social features, taking advantage of both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One functionality.
New to Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, players will be able to play as Dante's twin brother himself in Vergil's Bloody Palace Mode. For an extra depth of challenge, players will be able to try out the added 'Gods Must Die' and 'Must Style Mode' as well as Hardcore Mode, which has been designed to play more like the classic Devil May Cry series.
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition players will also receive new Dante and Vergil costumes inspired by classic Devil May Cry character designs. The game's high quality production values will run at a stunning 1080p and smooth 60 fps across both next-gen consoles.
• Critically acclaimed action tailored for next-gen – Experience the endlessly deep, fast-paced combat and high quality production values of DmC running at a smooth 60fps with 1080p support across both next-gen consoles. Use next-gen sharing functionality to record and upload your most impressive combo videos online for bragging rights.
• Definitive package – Enjoy all of the stylish action gameplay from the original game, all previously released DLC, including the “Vergil’s Downfall” campaign, which features hours of additional gameplay, plus modes and content brand new to DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition all in one polished package.
• New Vergil’s Bloody Palace Mode – Throw down the gauntlet as Dante’s twin brother Vergil against 60 waves of enemies in a challenging new Bloody Palace Mode.
• Rebalanced combat system – The combat system and enemies have been rebalanced based on fan feedback from DmC Devil May Cry, with gameplay tuning and adjustments made, including optional manual lock-on for classic Devil May Cry fans.
• Bigger challenges – Brand new gameplay modes for the hardcore DmC players include Hardcore Mode, Must Style Mode, and Gods Must Die Mode.
The fun doesn't stop here! Devil May Cry 4 is also on the way to all next gen machines. More to come on that as and when we hear more from Capcom.
Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition will be available to purchase as a digital download and at retail stores across Europe and North America for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC early 2015. Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only in the Summer 2015.
For all the latest gaming news and pre-release features hit that Follow button now!