1. Christian Bale revealed in interviews in 2009 that in his first ever scene with Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman (one involving Bale waking up in bed to find them waiting there), he fell asleep after getting ready for the scene. Bale described waking up to find Michael Caine poking him the ribs, saying "Look at that! He's bloody fallen asleep".
2. Director Christopher Nolan is reputed to have been so fascinated with Cillian Murphy's (Dr. Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow) bright blue eyes, that he kept trying to find reasons/ways to have Crane remove his glasses.
3. "Batman Begins" inspired James Bond producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccolli to reboot the James Bond franchise and reinventing the character of British secret agent James Bond and making him much darker and more realistic.
4. Christian Bale lost his voice three times during filming after altering his voice while playing Batman.
5. Much of Batman's gear and apparel, including his cape and suit, is based on actual military technology.
6. Both Tim Burton and Michael Keaton, from Batman (1989), have said they were impressed by this film.
7. When Christian Bale and Liam Neeson were fighting on the frozen lake they could hear the ice cracking beneath their feet. The next day, the lake was completely melted.
8. Only days before the role of Batman was cast, eight actors were asked to audition for the part. The actors were Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Eion Bailey, Hugh Dancy, Billy Crudup, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal. While Bale won the part, Christopher Nolan liked Murphy's audition so much, he cast him as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow. Part of the audition process involved the actors wearing a Batman mask and an old mask used by Val Kilmer in Batman Forever (1995) was brought out of storage for this purpose.