hello guys i am back with a new article about a wonderful show called "Person Of Interest ". well i hope most of you are familiar with this show but if you are not i will give a brief introduction about it :
"An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. " and just to make you more interested about the show i will give you a tagline directly from the show :
This an excellent show created by a genius none other than Jonathan Nolan , brother of Christopher Nolan (inception, dark knight trilogy , prestige, do i need to go on .....?). well the show started out mysteriously and slowly is unfolding its mysteries along the way and i really love it. the acting by the lead actors, the drama between the characters ,their moral choices ,the impending threats ,small comic relief moments by Fusco(Kevin Chapman) ,tension ,suspense ,thrill are on par with some great Hollywood movies i have watched in the last decade. but the real question begs right now is that "does it needs to be a movie ? well personally i think yes and no for some of the reasons which i have listed below :
WHY IT NEEDS TO BE A MOVIE ?
1. Great plot : the story of a sentient machine and humans working together ,the mysteries of each episodes whether the person of interest is victim or perpetrator , the take over of human free will and control by another rival machine "Samaritan", rival gang wars between elias and the brotherhood and usual cop drama.
2. The Action and Suspense : Everybody who has seen the drama very well knows how great the action sequences between Reese and other rival parties are , i mean he is brilliant in both hand to hand combat ,his detective skills ,his shooting skills are. I still can't forget Reese's first action sequence in the train in the pilot episode,and no to mention the suspense the show leaves us with at the end of each seasons . what will happen to the characters fate? will they survive or not ? can the machine save every irrelevant numbers? if not then what will happen?
3. The lead actors are brilliant in their role : Jim Caviezel ,Michael Emerson ,Amy Acker ,Sarah Shahi, Kevin Chapman and others.: trust me when i say that the actors listed here are real perfect for this job cause they just nail the roles . Jim can handle both the serious and cool attitude of Mr .Reese and the action and drama when needed Mr. Emerson is just the mysterious character (although later revealed) who communicates with the whole team via phones , the fun dynamic between root and finch , Greer's ultimate end goals with "Samaritan" at his side, Fusco's perfectly comic timing but also serious when needed.
4. The battle between two super intelligent artificial intelligence's "The Machine" and "Samaritan" : The machine still has a lot of other mysteries to offer us which it poses us every seasons. The machine communicates with Harold finch via a payphone or sometimes through other means of digital communications and "tells" ( via electronic voice recordings ) the security numbers of the "person of interest". Samaritan's end game are still unclear but it sure seems to be not benefit but total control of humans and their free will.
5. The subplots of rival gangs and usual cop drama: Elias and his gang are really mean but not heartless as shown sometimes but on the other hand the brotherhood and Dominic are like ruthless murderer's who will stop at nothing to conquer whatever he wants. it will be good to see the onscreen rivalry between a old lion (Elias) and a new tiger(Dominic). also their methods of establishing a territory is much different. Also
For those who haven't seen the drama and don't know who Elias and Dominic are :
WHY IT DOESN'T NEEDS TO BE A MOVIE ?
1. For people who have not seen it ,this can be a great pleasure but as far as i know it has reached huge fan base so many will not be interested to see a origin movie.
2. The plot line is quite similar to other "Man VS Machine" films which have been repeatedly done over and over again like the terminator series in which a AI has gone rogue ( in this case Samaritan ) "Skynet" and is hell bent on taking over humanity .
3. Major plot threads are being already covered and i think it would not be wise for them to deal with the same story on screen.
4. The show is continuing with its story and we won't know for sure where it will end or how will it end and what doors will it close or open in the near future.
5. Mostly films are being converted into T.V. series nowadays and not the other way round. So can it have a huge response from all over the world ??and without highly recognisable actors like Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Matthew Mcconaughey , Denzel Washington just to name a few.
So there it is folks i have summed up reasons for both the sides but as always you are free to discuss the final outcome of my discussion and please feel free to share your thoughts on the comment section. Let me know if i have missed any points or not .The show has offered us some great moments (action ,thrill ,suspense ,death of some very beloved characters, emotional torments which finch goes through sometimes, etc).