1. Rapunzel & Flynn from Disney’s Tangled Make a Cameo.
2. Elsa was originally cast to be a villain.
Yes, that right! Can you imagine how different the movie would have been? It’s a good thing they changed their mind.
3. Idina Menzel (who played Elsa) also auditioned to play Rapunzel in Tangled.
Disney later approached her for the Frozen role. A much better fit, don’t you think?
4. Animators mimicked the real actors/actresses facial expressions.
The animators for Frozen recorded video of the actors and actress in the sound booths and then created animations based on their real facial expressions. How awesome! They literally got to bring themselves to life in animated form!
5. There is a hidden Mickey Mouse in Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Sauna.
Not easy to see at all. But yep, it’s there! Disney loves doing this in their movies.
6. Elsa is the only Disney princess who is NOT a teenager.
According to director Jennifer Lee, Elsa is 21 and her sister Anna is 18.
7. Josh Gad, who played Olaf, improvised most of his lines!
Josh did his best to make the producers laugh, and they kept the best of the best! We think he did awesome.
8. There is a disclaimer about “Boogers” in the Credits. Yes, Really.
Remember Kristoff’s line claiming that all men picked their boogers and ate them? Well apparently Disney wanted to distance themselves from this claim. The credit reads, “The views and opinions expressed by Kristoff in the film that all men eat their own boogers are solely his own and do not represent the views or opinions of The Walt Disney Company.”
9. Frozen was loosely based on Hans Christian Anderson’s Snow Queen.
And I do mean loosely. The original tale is much darker. We’re glad Disney used their creative freedom here.
10. Kristen Bell (Anna) Dreamed of Being a Disney Princess Since She was a Child
Bell also auditioned for Rapunzel’s role (ok, we can kinda see that) but was chosen for Frozen instead.
11. UNCONFIRMED : Disney’s Frozen, Tangled, and Little Mermaid All Fit Together.
This conspiracy theory states that Anna and Elsa’s parents were in route to Rapunzel’s return celebration (or wedding) when their ship sank. 3 years later, Flynn and Rapunzel visit the Frozen Kingdom for Elsa’s coronation. And what about Little Mermaid? Well, remember the sunken ship? That’s the remains of the ship Anna and Elsa’s parents sailed in! Geographically, it all makes sense. Frozen takes place in Norway, Tangled in Germany, and Little Mermaid in Denmark. True? Maybe not. But certainly fun to think about.