So, the teaser trailer is here. We had the "ant-sized" teaser for this human-sized teaser. That's already two teasers. Will Agent Carter premier a new teaser or show this one? Anyway, here's the one they released. Enjoy.
So, this is very much the human-sized teaser.
I am actually really exited for this movie, although it won't get as much attention as Avengers: Age Of Ultron. The reason? I've never read a comic book that had any version of Ant-Man in it. I am, however, a big Marvel movie fan, and believe that this will be a big blockbuster this year (happy new year by the way). Maybe not quite as big as Avengers or Star Wars or Jurassic World, but still pretty huge.
Some background on the character known as Ant-Man:
- His main ability is the ability to shrink in size, but retain his "normal-sized" strength (So he shrinks, but gains strength). He can do this due to "Pym Particles", discovered by Hank Pym (Michael Douglas in the movie).
- He can also control/communicate with ants, using his cybernetic helmet.
- Hank Pym was the original Ant-Man. He later passes on the mantle of Ant-man to others, in this movie, Scott Lang (Paul Rudd)
- Hank Pym's wife (in the comics) was a superheroine known as Wasp. She too has the ability to shrink/grow in size, due to cellular implantation of Pym Particles. She can shrink to a size of several centimetres, and grow to a size of several hundred feet.
The plot of the movie?
I believe that the plot of the movie, judging from the teaser trailer, is this:
- Scott Lang is a wanted felon for a few minor crimes, tries to pull another minor crime, and gets sent to prison.
- In prison, he meets Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly's character (possibly hank Pym's daughter)), and the two become friends. They then set up some way to break out of prison. Or maybe Hank Pym is a good friend of Tony Stark's and he pays for bail. (two theories there, but he definitely goes to prison)
- Hope Van Dyne and Scott lang needs somewhere to lay low for a while; they go to Hank Pym, Hope Van Dyne's stepfather.
- (First reveal of Ant-Man suit) They walk in, no one home, Then we see someone grow out really quickly behind them, they turn around !!SHOCKHORROR!! Hank Pym in the Ant-Man suit.
Those are the specifics(ish), now the major plotline:
- Darren Cross, head of CTE (Cross Technological Enterprises) (the big grey building in the trailer)...
...has (I'm going to put this out there) an Infinity Stone (yeah, I said it), and has designed some form of weapon , that he will sell (similar to Hydra weapons in The First Avenger). Pym knows of this, and needs someone to get into CTE and steal the first prototype.
- Enter Scott Lang. Petty criminal.
- Hope Van Dyne (who can fight), and Hank Pym train him in fighting skills (as seen in the trailer), and in the use of the Ant-Man suit (possibly also seen in the trailer).
- He infiltrates CTE, but is confronted by Yellowjacket who is - wait for it - Darren Cross. They fight it out, Lang gets beaten, etc. big down moment in the movie.
The next part of my theory is best though...
- Hope van Dyne becomes Wasp through an accident in the lab, or through experimentation with Pym Particles.
- Van Dyne and Lang then infiltrate CTE again, defeat Yellowjacket, steal prototype, everyone lives happily ever after. The end.
Of course, the movie will probably be much better than this, and have a few subplots etc., but this is my main idea for the movie. There's always the possibility that Ant-Man could be the cause of Civil War, or part of it, as Cap: Civil War is the next Marvel Movie after this little (haha) gem.
Is this a reliable theory?
Any thoughts for an After Credits Scene? I have none. Comment below!
Are you exited for Ant-Man?