HYDRA didn't attack Marvel this time as we had to wait impatiently for the Ant-Man trailer, but the wait was worth it. Ant-Man is crawling his way into our hearts as the hype for this film is rising. The recent trailer was amazing! It had everything I would want in an Ant-Man trailer, much of that being ants.
For those who haven't seen the trailer, here it is:
Now there are a couple of things I realized about the trailer:
- This film seems to be taking a serious route with a hint of comedy, which is fine in my opinion, it''s how it should be.
- They mention Scott Lang's daughter and show her, meaning she is the real reason Scott Lang becomes a hero like in the comics.
- Hank Pym tells Scott Lang that he needs him to be the Ant-Man. Which means Hank Pym was already Ant-Man at one point and he passes the torch to Scott.
- Hank Pym has been secretly stalking Scott and he busts hum out of jail. Why? We don't know yet.
- The suit and the effects look outstanding as we see him shrink down and ride ants.
- Darren Cross is basically the corporate bad guy. Hopefully we'll see him in action in a future trailer.
- This movie synopsis says that the world is at stake but I don't get that feeling from this trailer.
- I honestly have more questions than answers from this trailer, but that's ok. I want to keep guessing
Thats all I really have to say about the trailer. It wasn't as amazing as Age of Utron but it was still great in my opinion. I've already watched it like 10 times and it just keeps getting better
Just to recap, some news of the film surfaced a couple of weeks with a banner of the Ant-Man and the antagonist, Yellowjacket suit.
That was a cool banner as both suits look amazing, but the true hype began earlier today, when Marvel released the official Ant-Man poster as seen below.
Now from what I've read people either hate it or love it and I personally love it. They really want to put an emphasis on the "Ant" part and it only makes sense for him to be seen as a tiny ant. I think it's genius, much like the ant size teaser trailer.
If you're still upset about the poster have no fear, Entertainment Weekly has given us a magnifying glass to look closer as Paul Rudd in the suit.
Paul Rudd looks great in the suit and I love the design as they make a weird spandex costume in the comics, look new and original in this film. Paul Rudd seems to fit the character of Scott Lang perfectly. In my opinion, Marvel can do no wrong and this is only the icing on the cake. Great things are to come from this film and we nerds, geeks, and fans can't wait to see this film.
Let me know what you guys think. Are you finally excited to see Ant-Man on the big screen.