Who is Ultron?
Ultron is a supervillain that was created by Dr. Henry Pym A.K.A. Ant-Man, based upon his own thought and brain waves. It was a leap into new "life" that no scientist had ever taken before, even Reed Richards. By creating the A.I. Ultron-1, he hoped this represented a new era in scientific discovery. However, something went horribly wrong and Ultron became more than life-like and rebelled against his programming and his creator. He defeated and brainwashed Dr. Pym into forgetting he’d ever created him in the first place. Soon after this happens, Ultron forms a group of villains called the Masters of Evil which included Klaw, Doctor Octopus, The Crimson Cowl, Machinesmith, Whirlwind, The Hood, Jonas Harrow, and Lightmaster.
What is unique about Ultron?
- Ultron's shell is usually composed of Adamantium, preventing almost all damage; however, his internal wiring and machines are less durable and more easily damaged. His shell is about .5 inches thick. He is able to withstand concussive blasts and heat of a 100 megaton atomic bomb.
- Ultron is incredibly strong and can lift at least 100 tons.
- He has Roboticks, which are insect-like drones that can devour human flesh.
- Ultron uses an Encephalo-beam which is a ray that plunges its victims into a deathlike coma. It also allows Ultron to mesmerize and outright control his victims, or implant hypnotic commands within their minds to be enacted at a later time.
When was he first introduced?
Ultron initially appeared in an unnamed cameo in Avengers #54 (1968), with a first full appearance in Avengers #55 (1968). Ultron was created by writer Roy Thomas and artist John Buscema.
Which other Supervillains has Ultron teamed up with?
Besides the Masters of Evil, Ultron has teamed up with the Grim Reaper, Absorbing Man, Legion Acursed, and the Sons of Yinsen.
Why is Ultron so popular?
- He is scary as Hell
- He is nearly impossible to destroy
He is awesome!