The 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards was tonight, and it was mercifully short (unlike some awards shows, ahem, Oscars, ahem). Despite the relevant brevity, we got some great moments. Here are my personal favorites:
1. Tatiana Maslany Refusing To Do the Red Carpet Mani-Cam
She opted for a thumbs-up instead, due to her "dry" hands. I love seeing great manicures, but I also love that she was like, "Oh, the SAG Awards are tonight? And me without a manicure! Oh, well."
2. Uzo Aduba's Reaction To Winning Her First SAG Award
She was so visibly shocked — to the point her voice was shaking. There are actors out there who don't really care about the awards they receive, so it's always nice seeing one who appreciates the win.
3. Seeing Just How Expansive the Orange Is the New Black Cast Is
After the series won for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, not all, but most of the cast climbed up onstage, and there are so many of them.
4. Reese Witherspoon Presenting Male Actor in a Supporting Role
While she was announcing the nominees, some weird noise — which turned out to be the "fake applause" erupted from somewhere that I initially thought was my TV until she acknowledged it and said, "It wasn't me."
5. Jared Leto Pretending He and Lupita Nyong'o Had Eyes on Mark Ruffalo's Award
"Lupita and I are more than happy to take his award on his behalf, saw it in half, and keep it forever."
6. Viola Davis' Acceptance Speech for Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
After talking a bit about her daughter, she thanked the producers of How To Get Away With Murder for "thinking that a sexualized, messy, mysterious woman could be a 49-year-old, dark-skinned, African-American woman who looks like me."
7. The Look on Emma Stone's Face When She Accidentally Tripped Her Birdman Co-Star Naomi Watts
8. Zach Galifianakis Ribbing Julianne Moore
"When I was on As the World Turns..." he deadpanned, imitating the opening to the actress' moments-earlier acceptance speech.
What was your favorite moment from the show?