Have released the first pic of the new [The Fantastic Four](movie:34667) costumes and an Exclusive interview with Josh Trank and Simon Kinberg!
The article has these bullet points.
- In terms of plot and story, Trank was guarded but did say, “This is a modern telling of how these four iconic characters came together and came to be.”
- Trank revealed that renowned composer Philip Glass is scoring the movie with Marco Beltrami.
- The film recently did a few days of additional photography and it was to film some bits and pieces. Nothing major. They weren’t filming some huge new ending.
- The original shoot was seventy-two days and they were on-schedule and on-budget.
- The film is heavily influenced by David Cronenberg and Trank mentioned that Scanners and The Fly were big influences on the look of the film.
- The film is an origin story and there are influences of what Kirby and Stan were doing in the 60’s all the way up into the present day.
- fantastic-four-comicsThe Ultimates was also an influence and a lot of the science specifics are there. They told me a lot of the means of transformation they took from the books.
- Trank’s first cut of the film was around 2 hours and 10 minutes. He said the final film will probably be between 2 hours and 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Kinberg says there is an Easter egg in the teaser trailer.
- They are very influenced by what Marvel has been doing regarding combined universes. Saying that, they admit it’s tricky to combine X-Men and FF because the X-Men films so far don’t acknowledge the Fantastic Four and the Fantastic Four takes place essentially in the same time period as the modern day X-Men movies.
- Kinberg does confirm that there is a different approach to the Marvel movies at Fox than when they started making Marvel films at the studio. “There is an intent and want to be a part of a larger fabric and tapestry the way Marvel has done so brilliantly.”
The Nerdist also had their artist come up with some renderings of the new costumes based on what they had heard
Sue Storm the Invisible girl didn't show up, or did she?
Apparently these outfits are their training pants so to speak. They are suppose to be getting official uniforms later in the movie. To be honest I have always been a fan of The FF and my feelings have been to and fro about this flick. Especially with that casting I mean the kid who played Billy Elliot is playing Ben Grimm?
But I'm starting to look forward to this more and more, I just hope it's not Chronicle 2. I loved Chronicle but this is the Fantastic Four! Oh yeah here's the pic of Micheal B. Jordan in his flameproof( I'm guessing ) and ventilated suit!