Elements can be dangerous sometimes if you misuse them there are all kinds of elements but the most dangerous are thunder and lightning if someone had this kind of power they would be able to destroy the city. Before we go on with this I have one simple question, are you a comic book fan? Pfft what kind of question is that of course you are and this is when the adventure, the quest for winning begins.
Today we will see who win when these 2 thunder and lightning wielders go against each other. Straight up from the DC universe we have [Shazam](movie:738107) (Captain Marvel) who will go against the God of Thunder himself Thor.
Yep that's right the 2 of the most powerful superheroes in The Avengers and the Justice League of America Captain Marvel (Shazam) and Thor.
Captain Marvel (Shazam) (New 52)
Billy Batson is a homeless young foster newsboy, is led by a mysterious stranger to a secret subway tunnel. The odd subway car with no visible driver takes him to an underground tunnel. When he arrived at the tunnel he saw seven depicting statues that represents the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man (Pride, Envy, Greed, Hatred, Selfishness, Laziness and Injustice) what Billy had not know is that he was in the lair of the great wizard Shazam,The wizard told Billy that he had observed the hardship of Billy's life, always getting pushed around and beaten but Billy stays calm and he would help others in need the wizard grants him the power to become the adult superhero Captain Marvel, just before the earth collapsed above Shazam's head and crushes him. His ghost says he will give advice when a brazier is lit. Billy didn't know that in order for him to transform into Captain Marvel, he must speak the wizard's name,an acronym for the six legendary figures who agreed to grant aspects of themselves to a willing subject once Billy had know how to transform into Captain Marvel it had grant him 6 different abilities.Speaking the word produces a bolt of magic lightning which transforms Billy into Captain Marvel. By saying the word SHAZAM it will produce a bolt of magic lightning which transforms Billy into Captain Marvel. Speaking the word again reverses the transformation with another bolt of lightning.
- Wisdom of Solomon - Billy had the wisdom of Solomon and turning him into a fortune cookie (not literally) with the wisdom of Solomon
- Strength of Hercules - The 'H' in SHAZAM represents the strength of Hercules giving Billy the ability of super strength
- Stamina of Atlas - Stamina of Atlas grants Billy the ability to do things non-stop sure he'll get tired but you get the point
- Power of Zues - As you know Zues is an ancient Greek god of the skies and he also controls the lightning so in this case Captain Marvel is god of the skies.
- Courage of Achilles - To be a superhero you need to have courage and no one has courage more than Achilles giving Captain Marvel more courage to do so.
- Speed of Mercury - What's having the Stamina of Atlas without the Speed of Mercury the Speed of Mercury grants Billy the ability to run as fast as lightning.
- Flight - Despite having the 'Powers of Zues' and the 'Speed of Mercury' it also grants him the ability to fly with the Powers of Zues and Speed of Mercury.
- Genius Level Intellect - By having the Courage of Achilles Captain Marvel possesses genius level intellect when turn to Captain Marvel.
- Magic - Captain Marvel is also granted with the ability to cast lightning spells and control over emission of magical electric lightning as a weapon or for casting spells.
- SHAZAM transformation - Once Billy Batson starts saying the word SHAZAM in Captain Marvel form he will turn back into normal Billy Batson
- Susceptible to psionic attacks - Captain Marvel is vulnerable to psionic attacks
- Human - Once Captain Marvel is in human form you can just cover his mouth to prevent him from saying SHAZAM
Thor is based on the norse mythological deity of the same name, is the Asgardian god of thunder and possesses the enchanted hammer Mjolnir. Although Thor is god he is not really immortal but he is invulnerable before Thor was bought down to earth on Asgard Thor is someone who craves power much like his brother Loki both of them wanted to be king of Asgard, Thor's father Odin decides his son needed to be taught humility and consequently places Thor (without memories of godhood) into the body and memories of an existing, partially disabled human medical student, Donald Blake. After becoming a doctor he went on a vacation in Norway, Blake then saw an arrival of an alien scouting party. He flees from the aliens into a cave. He then discovered Thor's hammer Mjolnir (it was disguised as a walking stick) and striking it against a rock, he transforms into the thunder god. It was later revealed that Blake have always been Thor, Odin's enchantment having had caused him to forget his history as The Thunder God and believe himself mortal. After discovering he was the god of thunder he went defeat the aliens, Thor then shares a double life with his alter ego: as a Doctor treating the ill in a private practice with nurse and fell in love with Jane Foster, and as a part time job defending humanity from evil.
- Superhuman durability, longevity, speed, and strength - Despite being a god Thor possesses a lot of superhuman abilities.
- Dimensional transportation - With Mjolnir Thor can transport to various dimensions across the universe.
- Electric manipulation - He is the god of thunder but he can only manipulate thunder/lightning via Mjolnir
- Flight - If Thor spins his hammer (Mjolnir) around fast he'll be able to fly with it
- Weather manipulation - Sure he has weather manipulation but still Thor can only make bad weather like a stormy weather also via Mjolnir
- Relies on Mjolnir - Thor is only powerful with Mjolnir but without Mjolnir the only ability he has is superhuman durability, longevity, speed, and strength.
- Worthiness - Only the worthy can wield Thor's hammer and Odin can just take away that worthiness
- Hurt by mortals - He might also be able to be hurt by mortals. Thor can also be hurt by his own power if somebody else were to control his hammer. Ex. Beta Ray Bill beating Thor on the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
- Midgard serpent - Sure his invulnerable but the teeth of the midgard serpent can go straight through his body.
Sure Captain Marvel might be cool and all but still Thor can trick Captain Marvel into saying the word SHAZAM and turn back into regular Billy Batson and plus you got to hand it to him thunder is stronger than lightning and plus the blue colour totally proves thunder is stronger than that yellow lightning even if say Shazam was to make Thor let go of his hammer he would still be able to get it back its not like Shazam can lift the hammer and plus Thor has like this magnetic field that happens when he needs his hammer it will fly all the way to Thor, so yeah Thor would win this round.