What was going through your mind the first time you heard James Spader's voice come through the powerful being Ultron? Instantly the thought popped up that, this will be the best villain to grace the Marvel cinematic universe (up to Avengers: AoU), our team will be tested like never before and that isn't a lie. Is this the movie of the year, let me tell you a few reasons why Marvel can win:
1. Ultron: Call me obvious but, Ultron as stated above is a bad ass! A sentient being that isn't only physically tough, but mentally as well. He is a villain not unlike Loki in the sense that he can manipulate, control, and black mail you into doing whatever he wants you to do. The physical skills are ridiculous obviously we have super strength, flight, etc, etc but, one of his best abilities happens to be self repair. No seriously blow him up, tear him apart, take his head and feed it to a tiger shark, it matters not cause he will find a bigger, faster, stronger body. Let me restate the obvious there he self repairs, he doesn't need any damn help at all! As viewed in the trailers our Avengers may not be ready for this.
2. The Road To Civil War: To me this may be the most exciting part of the movie for me. When the original CW story line came about it was one of my all time favorite comic book series to read (obviously our teams are going to be a bit different on the big screen opposed to what we saw in the comics), and AoU will set it all in motion. It is not known 100% what starts the falling apart in the movie universe, (POSSIBLE SPOILER) but, it's widely thought that Tony is at fault for Ultron and some of the Avengers are getting tired of Mr. Bigshot making such large scale mistakes. Obviously only an educated guess but, whatever leads down to Marvels Gettysburg is going to be epic to watch!
3. Miracles and Magic, Marvels Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch: To a lot of people X-Men's Quicksilver will be tough to beat, but Disney gave Kick-Ass the reigns and I am excited to see his more serious run as the Silver Streak. In regards to Scarlet Witch we are finally seeing the magic side of the Marvel universe ahead of the up and coming Dr. Strange. I am anxious to see how this brother/sister duo pan out, great things can come out of this team, fingers crossed Marvel didn't screw them up.
Obviously these are just a few reasons I believe the Avengers can pull it off, let me know in the comments below what you are looking forward to (let me guess Hulkbuster Armor? Lol, that's just too obvious).
THOSE ARE 3 OF THE REASONS WHY THE AVENGERS SEQUEL MAY TAKE THE GOLD, NOW LETS LOOK AT THE GREATEST GALACTIC SOAP OPERA OF ALL TIME!
When that music comes on, and the words start to scroll from the bottom of your screen, you know you're in for an amazing tale (Episode 1-3 were obviously a little lackluster)! If you are anything like me you smile from the sound of the Millennium Falcon flying by, the laser beams missing their target, and one of the most recognizable sounds of all time... the lightsaber!
1. Lucas is out, Abrams is in: Hallelujah, look I am appreciative that Lucas brought us Episodes 4-6, The Empire Strikes Back is one of the greatest movies of ALL TIME. Now let's face it George really screwed the pooch when he brought us Episodes 1-3, don't get me wrong I can watch them and get plenty of enjoyment out of the lot, but they just don't compare to that original trilogy. Enter J.J all I need to say is he tore a black hole in space with his amazing Star Trek movies and as a huge Star Wars fan I was excited as hell to see him leave the darkside. We can trust in J.J if you don't believe me watch those aforementioned films. Disney has faith in him, Lucas believes Abrams was the man for the job, and the world seems to be right on the same page. Thanks to him this story will be cream of the crop.
2. Our Favorites Return: Han, Chewie, Luke, and the list goes on. When Lucas brought us episodes 1-3 we had to say goodbye to a lot of the favorites. Yes we had Yoda, a young Obi-Wan, and a few others, but J.J is bringing most of the originals back to the forefront. Who isn't ready to see Han and Chewie go back and forth, or Luke getting roasted by Han's sarcasm. The team may be old, but they are back... As Jesse Spano would say, "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm sooo scared!" Han shot first!
3. Epic Battles: Look Avengers will have that awesome robot fight, but space dog fights are hard to beat. Seriously hundred of futuristic ships battling like crazy, the lasers flying, large collisions, even bigger explosions good God man that is hard to beat... BUT Star Wars tops itself, Jedi vs Sith battles! If anyone can keep up with superheroes it would be Jedi and Sith. Nostalgia at it's finest folks!
If you are camp Star Wars tell me what you are looking forward to the most, maybe it's something as simple as loving the alien races, or maybe it's the soundtrack.
Here are 3 simple reasons Star Wars can hang with Avengers, or maybe even surpass it. Alright folks it's your turn, tell me what Heavyweight pulls off the win. Will it be the more recent and fresh in our mind Floyd "Avenger" Mayweather, or will it be the out of retirement Sugar Ray "Star Wars" Leonard? Don't let me down, be original cause obviously I wasn't lol!