Major spoiler for Star Wars 7 concerning Han Solo: A sequence takes place on the ramparts of The Evil Castle.
Han Solo is hiding. He decides to reveal himself to Kylo Renn.
Finn, Rey, Chewbacca and BB-8 stop in their tracks. They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren. Kylo Rnn silences the conversation forever. Chewbacca lets out of a barrage of angry roars and laser blasts.
Kylo Ren flees the scene. Explosions. Stormtroopers file in and Finn and Rey are forced to flee. More explosions. BB-8 and Chewbacca flee to the Falcon.
Han Solo is never in a scene of Star Wars 7 after this. Those are the facts.
- After the defeat of the Empire, the war is not over. Splintered Imperial forces remain active, while the Rebellion has not made a clear (or morally clean) transition to rule. There is essentially a galactic Cold War happening.
- Imperial soldier FINN (John Boyega) defects to Tatooine; there he meets scrap collector REY (Daisy Ridley) and her droid BB-8
- Daisy’s mentor (Max von Sydow) points them toward a larger destiny involving a lightsaber that is connected to the now-absent Jedi.
- That lightsaber leads to HAN SOLO and CHEWBACCA, who take Rey, Finn and BB-8 on a galactic quest to find LUKE SKYWALKER
- Luke is supposedly in exile, guarding a Sith tomb (or some sacred site) for which Finn’s lightsaber is the key
- Meanwhile, an Imperial commander (Gwendoline Christie) is on Finn’s trail for defecting
- A pivotal character (Domhall Gleeson as Luke’s possible son) is acting as double-agent against both the Rebellion and the Empire, in order to stop super weapons possessed by both sides
- And a Darkside user named KYLO REN (presumably Adam Driver) will be hunting down the lightsaber and its wielders.
(Source: Screen Rant)