As I said in part one, there was a toss-up between Nightcrawler and Wolverine for the number one spot. Obvi, I gave that to NC, so the second spot goes to the incredible Wolvie. And here's why:
- Great personality. Yes, he comes off as gruff and intense and can be a real hard-a**, but underneath all that is a man who sticks to his principles. He is a loyal teammate (and a great leader, in some reincarnations) and has a rather interesting sense of humor. He's nice when he needs to be and crazy when he has to be.
- Cool powers. Wolverine has super-strong claws that can cut through anything (don't know how to spell the name of the metal, sorry) and that same metal is also his bones. So, really, he has metallic bone claws that he uses to cut things (that must hurt a lot). On top of that, he has a super-fast healing ability, which would be incredibly convenient for anybody. The downside of his powers would be that he ages slowly. Not exactly immortal, but close, and we all know that immortality gets old really, really quickly.
- He has wonderful actors to voice/play him. In the TV series X-Men: Evolution (2000-2003), Wolverine was voiced by Scott McNeil, who is a super-famous actor who's voiced a multitude of characters (such as Vulture and Man-Wolf in Spider-Man Unlimited, and Stork and many others in Storm Hawks). In the TV series Wolverine and the X-Men (which I believe I said went from 2008-2009), Wolverine is voiced by Steven Blum, who voiced other characters in the show. Known for his deep voice, this guy is also a super-famous actor with a ton of voiced characters under his belt (such as different characters from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Ben 10, Ben 10: Omniverse, Generator Rex, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H). In the live-action movies, Wolverine has been played by Hugh Jackman, who is my favorite male actor. Jackman is exactly how I would have imagined a real-life Wolverine. He really brings the character to life and I hope that he will keep on being Wolverine for a while.
- Great outfit. The one he has in the picture above (please don't change it, whoever changed my Nightcrawler picture. >:-( ) seems to me that it is much more believable to get in and out of with no hassle. It really suits him and I believe that it would throw off his enemies somewhat because it's kind of bright and he's kind of dark.
- He'd be a great parent. I don't know if he ever gets a girlfriend, keeps her, and marries her in the comics or in any TV show he's been in, but if that were to happen and he had kids, he'd be great a dad. I say this because, to me, he just gives off that vibe. He'd be gentle but firm and maybe even tech his kids how to defend themselves. I'd want him for a dad.
So that's that for Wolvie. Let me know in the comments if I'm missing anything or you want to correct something I said.