ByShahmeen Awan, writer at Creators.co

BUCKINGHAM Palace has confirmed that Prince Charles and Prince Harry will represent the royal family at the centenary Anzac dawn service in Gallipoli.

But Prince William, whose wife Kate is expecting the couple’s second child in mid to late-April, will remain in London.

“The Prince of Wales accompanied by Prince Harry will attend services in Turkey to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli campaign and Anzac Day on the 24th and 25th of April,” the palace said in a short statement on Friday.

British media last week reported that Prince Harry will spend several weeks based in Australia in the next few months before travelling to Turkey with his father.

IS HARRY MOVING TO AUSTRALIA?

Visitor ... Prince Charles (L) & Australia's PM John Howard, among those attending Anzac Day dawn service at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, on 90th anniversary in 2005. Picture: Supplied Source: News Corp Australia
Visitor ... Prince Charles (L) & Australia's PM John Howard, among those attending Anzac Day dawn service at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, on 90th anniversary in 2005. Picture: Supplied Source: News Corp Australia

Harry will reportedly be seconded to work with the Australian defence forces during his time Down Under before quitting the British military altogether later this year.

Buckingham Palace on Friday said the Queen, Prince Philip and Prince William will attend a wreath-laying ceremony at the cenotaph in London on Anzac Day.

They’ll also be present at a service of commemoration and thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey.

The Duke of Edinburgh will separately attend a wreath-laying service at St Paul’s Cathedral.

AAP reported almost a year ago that the Prince of Wales was almost certain to attend the 100th anniversary service on the Turkish peninsula.

Due ... Prince William will stay in London as wife, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge is due any minute now. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images
Due ... Prince William will stay in London as wife, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge is due any minute now. Picture: Getty Images Source: Getty Images

Gallipoli services director Tim Evans said in April 2014 the royal family would like to send “a very senior member of the royal family ... so you can draw your own conclusions”.

“Prince Charles would be a very welcome nominee,” he said, noting that the future king attended the 90th anniversary in 2005

Trending

Latest from our Creators