As dark times dramatically envelop the wizarding world in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, it seems that the opening logos of the movies follow suit in also being given a more sinister treatment.
Never before have I noticed this, but the introductory logos definitely become darker as the series progresses. While the images start out relatively bright, they soon plummet into depressing shades of grey, green and blue.
Scroll on down and take a look for yourselves - had you noticed this before?
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
If you want to see the opening logos played out in full, take a peek at the short clip below which compiles every single movie introduction in one slick swoop: