The Maze Runner run its way to our hearts last fall and it's currently available on DVD. The next movie of the trilogy The Scorch Trials is being filmed right now and it's scheduled to come out next September. So, here's 10 things you probably did not know about The Maze Runner
1. Dylan O'Brien, beloved and hilarious Teen Wolf actor, almost lost the role of Tomas in The Maze Runner series due to his hair. That's what he said
I didn't hear back for like a month and a half because Wes (Director) was like 'His hair is too MTV'
So, the actor had to get a haircut to get the job after showing the director a picture of him with a buzz cut from Teen Wolf I think
2. Even though the movie is called The Maze Runner the first time anyone actually saw Dylan run was on set which is funny since O'Brien stated that he loves to speed
3. The set of TMR was literally overrun with... wait for it... snakes, Dylan said:
They asked 'it's very rare to get bit; ah so so but there's the best hospital down the road, so...' apparently that was supposed to make us feel better if we were unlucky and got bit by a snake dying because there's no hospital near by
4. Kaya Scodelario who played Teresa the 'last one ever' as I like to call her is half English and half Brazilian raised by her mother in England
5. Neither Dylan nor any other cast member read the books before signing on
6. Dylan's bromance in the movie was Will Poulter which does not surprise me. I mean look at them
7. There were a lot of differences between the books and the movie. Did you know that in the books Teresa and Tomas -T and T as I like to call them- could communicate telepathically?
8. Did you know that Thomas Brodie-Sangster who played Newt auditioned for both Newt and Gally -can you imagine Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Gally?- and so did Will Poulter who eventually played Gally
9. When Wes Ball pitched his version of the film to the studio, he described as “Lord of the Flies meets Lost.” It’s like Lost because they don’t know where they are.
10. Now this may be hard to believe but The Maze Runner took 42 days of shooting and a 32 million dollar budget. It's a movie with great special effects, an awful lot of survival, 'we're all in this together' stuff, it's kinda surprising to see that it took just 42 days that's like a month and two weeks give and take