In honor of our Easter Eggstravaganza, I thought I would write up a short post about my top 5 favorite Movie and TV Easter Eggs. In no particular order, here we go!
1) As a massive superhero movie fanboy, this list was bound to contain a few superhero Easter Eggs. First up is the wonderfully subtle Pulp Fiction Easter Egg in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. For those of you who don't know, Samuel L. Jackson's Jules Winnfield loves reciting this particular biblical passage to strike the fear of God in the heart's of his victims. Or as he puts it "I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a *expletive* before I popped a cap in his ass!"
2) Continuing the Marvel trend, Iron Man 2 is arguably my favorite film in the series. I know what you're thinking, "how could you possibly like what is widely considered the worst Marvel film other than Incredible Hulk?!" I said it was my personal favorite, not the best. Strictly a personal opinion. Anyway, defending my ridiculous opinions aside, the exchange between Coulson and Tony regarding a prototype of Captain America's shield cracks me up every time. For a brief second, Tony acts like he recognizes the shield but then proceeds to, in true Starkian fashion, use it just to prop up his contraption. Oh Tony...
3) This one is interesting in that it is sort of a retconned Easter Egg. For those who have no idea why I selected an image of a relatively mundane scene in The Phantom Menace, if you look in the background you will see a man with a yellow stripe across his face. That man is the Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos. However, his character was created, mainly in the comics, after the film's release, basing his appearance off of the extra in this scene. He is notable for his constant struggle with the dark side of the force, and is one of the few Jedi to survive Order 66.
4) You can't really do an Easter Eggs list without talking about The Amazing Spiderman 2. Granted the movie was poorly received and was filled to the brim with villains, but how can you not geek out a little bit seeing Vulture's wings and Doc Ock's arms in passing?
5) This next Easter Egg is incredibly recent and comes from this week's episode of the Flash. Mark Hamill guest starred, reprising his role as The Trickster from the original Flash series. In the episode, we find out that he has groomed a successor to help him break out of prison...a successor who turns out to be his son! Mark Hamill, famous for playing Luke Skywalker, gets to turn the tables on the famous paternal reveal and utter the lines "I am your father!" Just too much geeky awesomeness to handle.
Well those are my favorite Easter Eggs! What are yours? Be sure to tag your post with 'CONTEST' to have a chance to win our Big Bang Theory Prize Pack.