With the Scorch Trials being filmed, "The Maze Runner" currently being available on Blue Ray and also being nominated for the MTV Movie Awards in numerous categories, such as 'Best Fight', 'Best Breakthrough Performance', 'Best Scared-As-S**t Performance' - it's time to start taking a look at the 10 things you did not know about "The Maze Runner"!
1. Kaya Scodelario a.k.a. Teresa or 'the last one ever' as I like to call her is raised by her mother in Britain and she's half British and half Brazilian.
2. Did you know that none of the cast members have read the books before shouting.
3. There were snakes on set! Here's what Dylan O'Brien also known as Tomas or Stiles had to say about that.
I said 'Is it rare to get bit' and they were like 'Ah, so so, but, there's the best hospital down the road you know'... Apparently, it's supposed to make us feel better that, you know, if we're unlucky we could be just getting bit by snakes dying because there's no hospital nearby.
The production had to hire snake wranglers to make sure the areas where they were filming were snake free. Before filming began the wranglers found 25 venomous snakes.
4. Thomas Brodie-Sangster auditioned for Gally instead of Newt and so did Will Poulter. Can you imagine Thomas as Gally and Will as Newt? It sounds impossible to me.
5. Dylan O'Brien's hair almost cost him the role of Tomas. The Teen Wolf actor admitted.
I didn't hear back for like a month and a half, because Wes -the director- was like 'His hair is too MTV'.
But, is it? Anyway, he showed Wes a picture of him with a buzzcut from Teen Wolf and it got him the breakthrough that made him famous worldwide.
6. James Dashner writer of The Maze Runner novels was very involved in the making of the movie as far as the script is concerned.
7. Catherine Hardwicke was originally going to direct "The Maze Runner".
8. Even though the story had no romance, there were lots of on set bromances, and with bromances I mean Dylan O'Brien and Will Poulter of course. Who on their right mind wouldn't love those two?
9. In case you didn't notice, Thomas Brodie-Sangster’s character Newt is the only one who keeps his British accent. Apart from O'Brien almost every other cast member is from England like Kaya Scodelario, Will Poulter etc.
10. I left the best one for the end. The whole movie took 42 days to shout and with a 34$ million budget - The lowest budget than any other Hollywood movie this year- The Maze Runner is one of the most popular movies among the ages of 15 to 25 and mostly girls... maybe that last one had to do with the number of male actors in the movie...!