Hey guys, if there is one thing that I like more than writing articles for Moviepilot, it's reading articles on Moviepilot. Recent articles that always seem to interest me are fan-castings and the recent #3Questions tag that's been going around to get people familiar with who we are as Creators. Therefore, I decided to merge the two in a little thing that I would like to call #FanCastThis!
With all good ideas, there are a few ground rules:
- You have to come up with a basic concept of a movie, including plot, setting, and a few basic characters.
- You have to tag another MP Creator or staff writer with the above information.
- It then becomes the target Creator/Staff Writer's job to fan-cast this hypothetical movie which you have devised.
That's all there is! Pretty simple right?
To get the ball rolling, I'm going to enlist the help of brilliant MP Creator TJ Smith. Are you ready TJ? Because here it goes...
The New Age of Superheroes
In this dystopian-superhero film set in downtown New York (like every superhero film is), a catastrophic incident has destroyed the world as we know it. The same incident has given mysterious powers to a very small portion of the population. Not everyone has decided to use their powers for good, so a rag-tag band of heroes must stand together in order to take down those who pose a threat to the world!
- Mia - A young girl in her early twenties that can create ice out the water particles in the air. She is the main protagonist of the film that leads the others against the supervillain threat.
- Jake - The typical muscular meat-head that lets the whole hero thing go to his head. He is in his late-twenties to early thirties, and he has the ability to fly at great speeds.
- Haylie - A shy eighteen year old girl that can change into anything she touches, including people and objects. She can revert to her natural state at any time. She is seen as weak at the beginning, but ultimately ends up saving the day at the end.
- Red - A very quiet man in his mid-twenties that has tremendous brainpower. He is able to manifest his thoughts into psychic objects for short periods of time. He is the most at risk to sway into villainy.
- Vincent - An older gentleman in his mid to late thirties. He is the main antagonist of the film, and he uses his power over the weather to put the entire world at risk for yet another catastrophic disaster.
There you go! The rest is up to you TJ! I look forward to seeing what you can do with the information given!