With the recent star wars celebration having finished (im sure everyone watched the live stream or went to the convention), the amount of anticipation for the seventh instalment Star wars: The force awakens has risen dramatically. I am such a star wars fan and im sure all the others would love to read this, so here is 10 things you may not have known about Star wars.
10. Many of the buildings constructed to be used in shots of Tatooine are still standing in Tunisia. In fact, some of them are still used by locals.
9. The starship that became the Blockade Runner seen at the beginning of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope was the original design for the Millennium Falcon.
8. During the evacuation of Cloud City, you can see an extra running with what appears to be an ice cream maker. The extra has since been given an elaborate backstory, and the supposed ice cream maker is meant to be a database of contacts within the Rebellion.
7. The bounty hunter droid IG-88 was actually built from recycled film props. His head is the drink dispenser from the cantina scene in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
6. In one draft of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda were going to leave the Force, and return to their physical bodies again to either assist Luke in his confrontation with Darth Vader and the Emperor, or to join him during the celebration on Endor.
5. While standing in on the Galactic Senate, Jar Jar Binks votes in favor of Order 66, leading to the destruction of the Jedi and the rise of the Galactic Empire. Even more reason to hate him.
4.Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen.
3.The phrase "I have a bad feeling about this" or "I have a very bad feeling about this" is said in every Star Wars movie.
2. In a story development session for Return of the Jedi, George Lucas toyed with the idea that after Luke removes dying Vader's helmet, he puts it on, proclaims "Now I am Vader" and turns to the dark side.
1. Gary Kurtz, the original producer of Return of the Jedi, said that in the early story outline, Han Solo dies and the Rebel forces are left in tatters, with Luke disappearing into the wilderness. But George Lucas thought killing off main characters would hurt toy sales, so he changed the ending to a big Ewok party. Few at least that didn't happen.
I hope you enjoyed this article :)