You think that you know everything about the horror genre that there is to know?! Here are 10 questions for you to see if you are right:
1. How many days did it take to film The Blare Witch Project?
The correct answer is 8 days. Due to the the fact that all of the shooting was done by the actors themselves the movie was filmed in just 8 days, which is absolutely astonishing!
2. Which horror movie is Warner Bros's highest grossing film of all time (adjusted for inflation)?
The correct answer is of course The Exorcist (1973). As well as being the first horror film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, the movie grossed over $441 million worldwide, which when adjusted for inflation equals to the outstanding amount of over 2 billion dollars.
3. Which actress was originally offered the lead role in The Ring (2002)?
The correct answer is Jennifer Love Hewitt. She was offered the role, but turned it down. The role eventually went to Naomi Watts.
4. As of 2015, which is Rotten Tomatoes' best reviewed horror film of all time?
The correct answer is The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920). Called by Roger Ebert "the first true horror film", this movie is considered to be the quintessential work of German Expressionist cinema and it has a rating of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.
5. In Halloween Resurrection (2002) which famous rapper played a character who battled Michael Myers?
The correct answer is Busta Rhymes. His character was named Freddie Harris. However, it should be noted that Halloween Resurrection was extremely unsuccessful and was panned by critics.
6. To which director did Stephen King partly dedicate the creation of his novel Cell (2006)? (Cell's film adaptation is going to be released this year)
The correct answer is George A. Romero. His classic zombie films are one of the inspirations which King used to write the novel.
7. As of 2015, how many installments does the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise have?
The correct answer is 9 - A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985), A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988), A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989), Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991), Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994), Freddy vs. Jason (2003) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).
8. Alfred Hitchcock filmed the interior sequences of the Bates house in Psycho (1960) on the stage of what famous horror film?
The correct answer is The Phantom of the Opera (1925). Alfred Hitchcock used the same Universal Studios soundstage in which this classic was shot.
9. Kevin Williamson was inspired to write Scream (1996) after watching a documentary about which real-life serial killer?
The correct answer is the Gainesville Ripper. Scream (1996) is inspired partly by this serial killer and partly by Halloween (1978).
10. In one of the scenes of which movie are the characters watching Shaun of the Dead (2004)?
The correct answer is Scream 4 (2011).