There is no doubt that Infinity Wars will be a painstakingly long and difficult movie to direct/produce, and although I do have faith in the Russo Bros., with the amount of cast members we could be seeing, Infinity Wars seems impossible...
With that being said, I am going to talk about what to expect from Infinity Wars Part 1 and 2. Below, you will first see my breakdown of the possible cast members for each part of the movie, and alongside that, I will give a couple of reason as to why they will show up in that designated part. After that, I will add the possible villains that might show up in the movie and how or why they do so. Lastly, I will conclude with the infinity gems and their place in all this.
Cast for Infinity Wars Part 1:
1. Winter Soldier (Captain America)
- After the events of [Captain America: Civil War](tag:994409) (Steve Roger's imminent 'death'), Winter Soldier, a.k.a Bucky Barnes, will take up the mantle as Captain America to not only lead the team, but honor his friend's death.
2. Iron Man
- RDJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but Infinity Wars just might be his last couple of movies. In addition, in [The Avengers: Age Of Ultron](tag:293035), Tony Stark saw a vision of a possible future in which all his mates were killed (Infinity Wars setting).
- He is part of the new Avengers, and he will still be available after the events of Civil War since there is no sign of him being omitted from the MCU picture.
- Aside from the heavy rumor that he will appear in Infinity Wars, the Spider-man reboot will occur in 2017, a year before part 1 of Infinity Wars. I believe, since Spider-man was in Infinity Wars in the comics, that Tony Stark will pay Spider-man a visit, probably in the reboot, and recruit him to the Avengers.
5. War Machine
- Same deal with Falcon, it doesn't seem like he is going anywhere else.
- Since Paul Rudd will appear in Civil War as Ant-Man, it would make since to have him as an Avenger recruit.
7. Wasp (Hope van Dyne)
- Hopefully we'll see Hope van Dyne transform in to Wasp in either Ant-man or Civil War. Hence leading to Infinity Wars with her partner in crime, the Ant-man.
8. Doctor Strange
- The Doctor Strange film debuts after Civil War, thus giving his character plenty of time to connect with other heroes of the Avengers into becoming an Avenger himself.
- I have a theory with what's going to happen with Vision actually. Not only will he be appearing in Infinity Wars as an Avenger, but I believe that he will eventually become Ultron because the mind gem will be taken from him by Thanos.
10. Scarlet Witch
- Part of the new Avengers, so we will definitely see her in Infinity Wars. Also, we might, just might see her revelation as being an Inhuman, if Infinity Wars will showcase them.
11. Black Widow
- She will probably be a co-leader of some sorts aiding the new Avengers with missions and such. In addition, in the comics she picked up Thor's hammer because of her worthiness hence allowing me to assume this will occur in Infinity Wars...Hopefully.
Cast for Infinity Wars Part 2:
Most of the cast from part 1 (ones who have survived), plus the cast from part 2.
1. Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- It will be revealed during the end of Infinity Wars part 1 or early of part 2 that Steve Rogers wasn't really dead during the events of Civil War, allowing him to return and join his compadres.
- After the events of Ragnarok, Thor might still be in jail/Hel. Hence he definitely might not show up in part 1, but he will return in part 2 probably aided by a Guardians member or even Loki.
3. Captain Marvel
Carol Danvers is probably already cast, it's just a matter of time before her appearance with the Avengers. In addition, her movie will debut in 2018, which is a whole year after Infinity Wars Part 1, hence leading me to assume she will come thru in part 2.
4. Black Panther
- Also the same deal with Captain Marvel. He will appear with the Avengers in Civil War, but not as an Avenger. And his solo film will be coming out in 2018 as well, which makes perfect sense to add him in part 2 of Infinity Wars.
5. The Defenders
- The Defenders series is coming out on Netflix most probably in mid-2017. Assuming this will be confirmed, that gives them a whole year and a half before Infinity Wars Par 2. This makes perfect sense because it will be enough time for them to become an organized and established crime-fighting group.
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
- Chris Pratt as Star-Lord will appear in other MCU films, which I am betting are Infinity Wars, Inhumans, and Captain Marvel. Thanos is a galaxy wide problem, so it will make sense for the GOTG to interfere at some point and I believe part 2 will make more sense (Captain Marvel, Thor, GOTG...All unearthly heroes).
- The thing with Hawkeye is, I believe, even though he will show up in Civil War, he will take a break from the Avengers just like he did in Age of Ultron. Hence, I believe he will only show up later on, probably with Captain America at his side in Infinity Wars part 1.
Possible cast members for Part 1 or Part 2:
- The reason why I cannot decide whether Hulk might show up in part 1 or part 2 is because his fate in Age of Ultron is left ambiguous. I believe that was on purpose because that way, they can take his character in any direction they please. Maybe a Guardians cross-over. Nonetheless, he can either show up in Infinity Wars Part 1 or Part 2, or maybe both, to make up for the fact that he might not have a solo film.
2. Daisy Johnson (Quake)
- It is rumored she will definitely show up in the Inhumans movie given the revelation she was an inhuman on Agents of Shield. So what better way to introduce her to the MCU than place her in Infinity Wars. The question is, which part. Oh and also to note, there have been rumors that during Tony Stark's vision in Age of Ultron, there were possible sighting of her as one of the dead Avengers.
- There reason why I am not only unsure which part of the movie they will appear in, but also doubtful they will be in Infinity Wars, is because there is already so many heroes as you can see above. In addition, their movie doesn't come out until after the events of Infinity Wars. If there is any chance Black Bolt and his squad will appear in the movie, it will be through Daisy Johnson as Quake, or Ronan the Accuser, the Kree.
- Now, I do understand that Quicksilver is dead, but what Kevin Feige actually said was: "He's not coming back anytime soon". Now, I do believe Quicksilver will stay dead, but what I think will happen is that Thanos will revive him in some way to use him as a pawn, to toy with Scarlet Witch or other Avengers...Again, this is just a possibility, but it would make sense to have him around especially if you gems that can do all sorts of things.
Villains for Infinity Wars Part 1 and Part 2:
1. Thanos + Army
- The big bad will obviously star in the movie, however, I do believe that he will need an army. And not because he is weak or unable to handle his foes, but to distract them so he can achieve his goals...Death I am assuming.
- As for his army, I believe it would be other villains that we have seen before (listed below) and their own armies.
- Example would be: Red Skull --> Hydra army and Ronan --> Kree army
Now, if you missed my point on Vision, here it is again: Thanos will eventually have all the Infinity Gems/Stones. One of them is on Vision's forehead (the Mind Gem). For Vision to still be who he is, he needs the Mind Gem. However, if Thanos were to remove that gem, the Ultron part of Vision will manifest...Ultron is reborn!
3. Ronan the Accuser
- He was Thanos' minion in GOTG, so it would make sense to have him back, but this time he will not only be Thanos' pawn, he might have to turn on Thanos himself.
- This one, I'm really looking forward to. Loki is cunning and deceptive, and having him stand next to Thanos will be quenching. However, I do believe just like Ronan, he will turn on Thanos. Loki is evil, but he is not a genocidal freak, he only wants to be looked upon as a ruler, not a killer.
5. Red Skull
- If you do not recall what happened to him in Captain America: The First Avenger, allow me to jog your memory. Basically, he was 'killed' by touching the Tesseract. Now, no MCU death is definite when it involves supernatural things like the gems, so I do believe the Red Skull will return in some way (Hugo Weaving not interested) or some form as a pawn to Thanos, but not to be ordered...to double cross his boss in the end.
6. Adam Warlock
- That cocoon in GOTG, that was Adam Warlock, and a nod to what we will see in future GOTG works or Infinity Wars. I don't how he will be incorporated in the film, but I strongly believe he will.
- Although not likely, I do believe Thanos will use Abomination as a distraction for the Hulk.
Other Possible Villains...
- Now here are the weapons...In the Infinity Wars movie, I first expect a history on these precious and powerful gems.
- I expect more than one person having them...So Thanos might have it for the most part of the movie, but another person gets to yield it for short amount of time.
- I expect the reality gem to be used to convey a false image of what is supposed to happen or happening...Adds for Inception like plot.
- I expect the time gem to be used by Thanos to gather intel about his foes from the future or the past. Or possibly gather an army from the future (Kang the Conqueror for example).
- And lastly, I expect some heroes/villains to be revived/resurrected.