Sure Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is about a year away, but that doesn't stop fanboys like me from speculating what is likely to occur in the movie. I have compiled a list of 5 things to expect from [Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice](tag:711870) based on rumors, set images, castings, and synopsis of the story.
1. A 'Seasoned' Batman
- It was said that the Batman audiences would get to see would be heavily inspired from The Dark Knight Returns. The trailer confirmed this even more by displaying the batsuit and a shot of Batman with a sniper rifle. In addition, since Batman is a veteran at crime-fighting, we probably might get some minor references to his old foes, and possibly to the people he trained (Nightwing, Red Hood, etc.). Lastly, I believe Batman already is working with Cyborg or is at least aware that he exists because there is heavy rumor of Batman introducing him to the team that will form later.
2. Lex Luthor + Other Villains
- In addition to Lex Luthor, there have been heavy rumors of Doomsday and Metallo showing up. Doomsday was rumored to be created by Luthor using General Zod's corpse which seems likely because actor Michael Shannon (Zod), was seen on set in late November. Moreover, Metallo is rumored as well to be created by Luthor and rumor has it he's probably being played by Scott Mcnairy.
- Aside from those two, audiences can expect Luthor using his famed Kryptonite suit. Lastly, KGBeast and Mercy Graves, played by Tao Okamoto, are highly expected to appear as Luthor's pawns.
3. Wonder Woman Intervening
- Now this is a bit of speculation, but a speculation that I believe strongly in. I believe that Wonder Woman will be the mediator between Batman and Superman. She won't take sides, and she will help both heroes come to their senses and fight the real enemy, which is Luthor and his pawns.
4. Age of Ultron-like Ending
- You might be wondering what the hell that means, but if you have seen [The Avengers: Age Of Ultron](tag:293035), recall the ending scene when the new avengers gather up and Cap. says "Avengers....(assemble)". Well, I believe, based on the fact that Aquaman and Cyborg will have some role in the movie, that the end scene of Dawn of Justice will be of the trio (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman) gathering Cyborg and Aquaman into forming a team...Known as none other than Justice League.
5. Expansion of the DC Cinematic Universe
- Man of Steel may have been the start of this DC shared universe, but all it did was reboot Superman and place a couple of easter eggs for Batman and Aquaman. However, I believe with a movie like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the DC universe will expand even more with the introduction of new characters and new settings. Aside from the known roles and Riddler easter egg, I believe the movie will introduce one of the Robins (Nightwing, Red Hood, Carrie Kelley, or Damian Wayne), new villains (like the ones mentioned above), introduction of Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman and their place in all of this, and lastly some sort of post-credit scene that is a precursor to the Justice League movie.