The folks who write the press releases for MTV Networks are out with new information about Teen Wolf characters heading into Season 5.
While some outlets are reporting the information as "spoilers," teenwolfnews.com says nothing could be further from the truth. The "Character Bios" released by the network are mere sketches provided by the production to explain where each character will be heading in the new season and introduce new characters.
As hard as it might be to believe, MTV is not exactly always the best source for information about their own show. We've seen more than a few examples of poor reporting about Teen Wolf and its actors over the years. Still, the following information provides a starting point for familiar characters and some details about new characters who will play a role in the upcoming Teen Wolf Season 5.
Teen Wolf Season 5 Character Bios From MTV
- SCOTT MCCALL (Tyler Posey) - Ever since the fateful night when he was bitten by Peter and turned into a werewolf, Scott and his pack have taken on any threat to come to Beacon Hills, be it Darach, Alpha Pack, deranged hunters or a thousand year old Japanese spirit. Now their greatest challenge lies before them: senior year. With his pack behind him, Scott prepares for the struggle of Senior Year, unaware of new threats gathering around him.
- STILES STILINSKI (Dylan O'Brien) - Going into his Senior Year, Stiles remains hopeful for his friends to stay together well after graduation. Ever a thorn in his father's side, Stiles continues to find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. But Sheriff Stilinski knows that Stiles always means well and will do absolutely anything for his friends.
LYDIA MARTIN (Holland Roden) - Despite being eligible for an early graduation, Lydia has decided to remain with her friends so they can be together for their final year of high school. She continues to hone her Banshee powers, with plenty left to learn. After years of hiding behind a false veneer, the true woman beneath has emerged to take her place in Scott's pack. She has also grown closer to Deputy Parrish while trying to help him wade through the mystery of his emerging powers.
- KIRA YUKIMURA (Arden Cho) - Kira has finally found the group of friends that she's always wanted. She, Malia and Lydia couldn't be closer and her relationship with Scott is just about perfect. Both her Kitsune abilities and her sword remain sharper than ever. While she could not be more excited about Senior Year and the prospect of graduating with the group of friends she cares about so deeply, the Kitsune spirit inside her may have other plans.
- MALIA TATE (Shelley Hennig) - To say that high school has been a struggle for Malia is an understatement. Having spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than out of them, Malia constantly feels the pressure to be normal. Surrounded by her friends and with Stiles at her side, Malia has found where she belongs in the world and is always ready to take on whatever comes her way - especially a fight.
- LIAM DUNBAR (Dylan Sprayberry) - The newest member of Scott's pack and his first true Beta, Liam still struggles at times with the whole 'being a teen wolf' thing. But with Scott as his leader and mentor, they have continued to tame Liam's anger. This proves to be difficult at times since his best friend Mason has no idea what Liam is and what he's been up to with Scott's pack. To make matters worse, a familiar face from Liam's past resurfaces at the start of his Sophomore Year.
MASON HEWITT (Khylin Rhambo) - Ever at his best friend Liam's side, Mason is ready for his sophomore year. But he knows there's something weird about Beacon Hills, something lurking just under the surface. After he and Lydia were attacked by a Berserker, Mason is ready for more than just a glimpse of whatever is really going on. He wants to dive right in. Unfortunately, he may get his chance sooner than he expects.
JORDAN PARRISH (Ryan Kelley) - After being mysteriously drawn to Beacon Hills, Parrish has settled into his role as a Sheriff's Deputy. He is determined to prove to Sheriff Stilinski that he's worthy of his trust despite his recent assignments consisting mostly of paperwork. With Lydia's help, Parrish continues his search for the meaning behind his supernatural powers, each of them unaware of the danger creeping ever closer as their lives become more entangled.
HAYDEN ROMERO (Victoria Moroles) - Starting her sophomore year, Hayden never expected Liam, her grade-school enemy, to step back into her life. Now she has to juggle work, school, a sister in the Sheriff's department, and the vengeance she seeks against Liam.
THEO RAEKEN (Cody Christian) - Theo never thought he'd ever return to Beacon Hills. When he learned that Scott McCall, his grade-school friend, was not only a werewolf, but a True Alpha, Theo knew that the time was right to come home to find a pack. When Theo seeks out Scott, he's automatically considered an outsider by Stiles. Now Theo must prove to Scott and the rest of the pack that he's worthy of their trust as well as their friendship.
Teen Wolf Season 5 will debut with two episodes over two nights. Catch Episode 501 on June 29 at 10PM (9PM central time) followed by Episode 502 on June 30 at 9PM (8PM central time) on MTV.