As you may or may not have heard, Elektra Natchios will most likely be joining Dardevil. A few weeks ago, several auditions that were most likely for Elektra leaked on Vimeo, but these videos were soon deleted. Fortunately, couple of sites have managed to write down the dialogues on time, and after giving them a read myself, I am fairly certain that Elektra will indeed be in Daredevil's second season.
At the end of this post you will find the transcriptions of the videos, but for now, let's discuss Elektra's casting.
I will list my personal favorite choices, tell me what you think about them in the comments!
#1 Marie Avgeropoulos
- Who: Marie Avgeropoulos
- Age: 28
- Known For: The 100
- Why: My first choice is Marie who is a fairly new actress and would be a great addition to the show. I highly recommend checking her out in The 100 because you will not only see what a talented actress she is, but you'll also be able to take a look at her fighting skills. On the show, she plays Octavia Blake who goes through a very interesting journey: transforming from a naive and sentimental young girl, into a post-apocalyptic warrior Queen. The cherry on top is that she is actually half-Greek!
#2 Katie McGrath
Who: Katie McGrath
- Age: 31
Known For: Merlin, The Tudors
- Why: Katie is another actress that isn't very well-known in Hollywood. She is Irish and in Merlin she played Morgana, a powerful sorceress that isn't a hero nor a villain but something in between, which means that playing a character like Elektra would be a familiar territory. Just looking at Katie gives off badass vibes and while she hasn't done much action, I feel like she would be another perfect casting choice for Elektra.
#3 Olivia Wilde
Who: Olivia Wilde
- Age: 31
- Known For: House M.D., Tron: Legacy, Butter
- Why: Unlike the other two ladies, Olivia is no stranger to Hollywood. She has starred in a long list of successful movies and TV shows and has proved that she can pretty much play any kind of character out there. She has an amazing acting range and you can see a bit of her fighting skills in Tron: Legacy. We're not even going to talk about how stunningly beautiful she is.
#4 Bérénice Marlohe
Who: Bérénice Marlohe
- Age: 36
- Known For: Skyfall
- Why: If you've seen Skyfall, then you know why Bérénice is on this list. In the movie, she plays Sévérine, an anti-heroine Bond girl. This French actress definitely has the talent and spice to portray a character like Elektra and appears to be a favorite among the fans!
These four amazingly talented and stunning ladies were my favorite choices for Elektra, tell me who you would like to see portray her in the comments below!
As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, below is a transcription of dialogue performed in the videos before they were removed, courtesy to comicbook.com.
Elektra: Easy. No moving. No talking. Right now we play a game called, "This is not a conversation." Sit on the bed.
Thug: Please, my pills, can I get them?
Elektra: The .38's gone. So is the knife you stashed under the pillow. Anything else I should know about?
Thug: I'm getting on a plane just like you said. Tickets on the counter.
Elektra: I saw, window seat and everything.
Thug: I told you before, you and your partner, it was a long time ago but...
Elektra: (makes a threatening move with weapon)
Thug: I'm sorry. I'm doing everything you told me to do. I'm leaving behind my whole operation.
Elektra: And when you get to wherever you're going on, I assume you set up shop doing the same sh*t you did here.
Elektra: Hurting innocent people all because you're too lazy to get rich the hard way.
Thug: What the hell do you want from me?
Elektra: My partner was a good kid and became a hell of a grown up. But he had goodness in him, once upon a time. The way he tells it, he comes home one night and heard a blow dryer in the bathroom. Dinner's on the table. He waits a second, but he's starving - he's eats alone. Assumes she'll be out any minute - she'll be mad, but she'll understand. Always does. He's a good son. He goes to find her, blow dryer still on and there she is - brains on the god damn mirror!
Thug: Your partner, that woman was his mother? And he doesn't even know you're here, does he?
Elektra: Sometimes it is better off not knowing.
Thug: I'm old man, I don't have much time. I'll give you everything.
Elektra: There is no version of this where you walk out that door.
Thug: Please, lady.
Elektra: Call me that again and I'll cut your tongue out.
Thug: You promised you wouldn't kill me.
Elektra: He said he wouldn't kill you, but me, I never had goodness in me. (slow stabbing motion)
Elektra: Nice shoes, wingtips, good call. Tie them yourself?
Matt Murdock: How did you know?
Elektra: You don't look like a tough read.
Matt Murdock: You never know I could surprise you.
Elektra: Doubt it.
Matt Murdock: Give it a try.
Elektra: Okay, you drink Macallan because you're afraid beer would give you a frat boy vibe. You've never been inside a fraternity house. You weren't even a boy scout. There is no club you would join because it would choke the air from your lungs. You'd suffocate. Shall I go on?
Matt Murdock: Please do.
Elektra: Now you think we're flirting. Your mind's racing. You're wondering what piece of wit you can think of next. Know what your problem is? You're pretty, but dumb. Too dumb to know the game is already over and you lost before you stepped to the plate.
Matt Murdock: You got that all from a pair of wingtips?
Elektra: Quick study.
Matt Murdock: You know what I think?
Elektra: Tell me.
Matt Murdock: You're bored. Bored of the parties, the faculties, all of it.
Elektra: And I need just the right bad boy to take me away from all this. Is that it?
Matt Murdock: Basically.
Elektra: Know something, you're right. (takes drink and drinks it) Let's go.