It's been 10 years since Harry Potter and the goblet of fire came out in the movie theatres which means it's time for some more movie facts.
1. Steven Spielberg was originally approached to direct Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and allegedly wanted to make it an animated movie with Haley Joel Osment voicing the main character.
2. During the filming of Harry Potter and the prisoner of azkaban Alfonso Cuarón told Daniel Radcliffe to imagine Cameron Diaz in a thong when he had to act awkward.
3. More than three THOUSAND girls turned up to audition for the role of Cho Chang in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire but Katie Leung got the part.
4. The least successful Harry Potter movie at the box office was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and it still made $90 million more than the most successful Twilight movie.
5. Ian McKellen was offered the role of Dumbledore, but he turned it down.
6. Actress Helen McCrory was originally cast as Bellatrix Lestrange, but gave up the role after she became pregnant. Helena Boham Carter nabbed the part, and McCrory went on to play Narcissa Malfoy, Bellatrix's sister.
7. J.K Rowling told Alan Rickman important information about the last Harry Potter book before it was published.
8. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint saw the Great Hall for the first time when they filmed the sorting hat ceremony.
9. Hagrid’s beard was made of six different hair pieces.
10. There were over 588 sets built for the eight movies.
11. There were 60 types of goblins made.
12. They used salt for snow.
13. The Horcruxes were designed by props concept artist Miraphora Mina, whose experience was rooted in her mother’s work as a jeweler.
14. Most books in Dumbledore’s office are phone books that have been rebound and covered in dust.
15. The potions they drink in the film are actually soup.