Everybody likes Star Wars and if you don't, you have no soul!!! It is time to celebrate Star Wars by learning some facts.
1. Alec Guiness, the guy who played Obi-Wan Kenobi, thought that Star Wars was "Fairy tale rubbish".
2. Peter Cushing, who played Grand Moff Tarkin, thought that his boots where uncomfortable so he decided to wear slippers on set.
3. The Jawa language is a sped up version of the Tibetan language.
4. Yoda's species has never been named.
5. The word "Ewok" is never pronounced in any Star Wars movie but it does appear in the credits.
6. Return Of The Jedi was originally called Revenge Of The Jedi and there were even posters and trailers with the title.
7. The communicator Qui-Gon Jinn uses is actually an altered Gillete Sensor Excel women’s razor.
8. The waterfall on Naboo was actually salt.
9. Anthony Daniels who plays C-3PO appears in person in the bar in Attack Of The Clones.
10. Lucas film actually has someone to keep track of the Star Wars canon.
11. E.T's cousins appear in the galactic senate.
12. Tupac auditioned for the role of Mace Windu.
13. Yoda was going to be played by a monkey with a cane.
14. Harrison Ford was paid $10,000 for his role in Star Wars A New Hope.
15. George Lucas wanted to kill off Han Solo in Return Of The Jedi but decided against it because he thought it would hurt toy sales.
16. All of the clone troopers in the prequels were CGI.
17. The reason why Mace Windu's lightsaber was purple is because purple is Samuel L. Jackson's favourite colour.
18. The only other person that belongs to Yoda's species is Yadle and we can see her in the Phantom Menace.
19. Star Wars The Force Awakens is getting released a decade after Revenge Of The Sith.
20. The Force Awakens takes place several decades after Return Of The Jedi.
21. May the 4th is the official Star Wars day.
22. J.J. Abrams was a Star Wars fan growing up.
23. Han shot first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24. People thought George Lucas was crazy because he preferred getting a large percentage of the toy sales instead of a normal pay check for being the director.
25. Because of his large percentage in the toy sales of Star Wars he made A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!
26. J.J. Abrams will be using a lot of practical effects in the upcoming Star Wars movie.
27. Mark Hamill got into a terrible car accident before they started shooting The Empire Strikes Back and that is why he looks different in that movie.
28. Before he was a director George Lucas also got into a bad car accident that almost killed him.
29. The second Star Wars movie in the new trilogy will be written by Rian Johnson.
30. The planet Mustafar in Revenge Of The Sith is George Lucas' depiction of hell.
31. You can hear the Whilhelm scream in every Star Wars movie.
32. Princess Leia did not wear a bra in any Star Wars movies because George Lucas thought that there would be no bras in space. Yeah right George!!!
33. Harrison Ford Improvised the line "I Know" in the Empire Strikes Back.
34. Han Solo was originally supposed to be a green alien similar to Greedo.
35. The crew in England, where they where filming, would often laugh at George Lucas behind his back because they thought his movie was going to be terrible. If they only knew!
36. George Lucas often got mad at the crew in England where they where filming because after they were done for the day the crew cleaned off all the suits and costumes but Lucas hated it because he likes a dirty look to everything in his movies.
37. C-3PO has the first line of episode 4 and the last line of episode 3.
38. Han grabbed Leia's breast in Return Of The Jedi!!!!!
39. Yoda is the only main character to die of natural causes.
40. Lucas' dog, Indiana, was the inspiration for Chewbacca.
41. Han Solo only says Chewbacca once in episode 4 because all the other times he says Chewie.
42. Kennie Baker, who plays R2-D2 , actually hates Anthony Daniels who plays C-3PO.
43. The only actors to appear in all the Star Wars movies are Anthony Daniels and Kennie Baker
44. Originally Jubba The Hutt was supposed to be a man wearing a bunch of fur.
45. George Lucas was so sure that the first Star Wars movie would fail that instead of going to the premiere he went on a trip to Hawaï with his friend Steven Spielberg. It's on that trip that they came up for the idea of Indiana Jones.
46. George Lucas showed an early screening of the first Star Wars movie with uncompleted special effects to his closest hollywood friends. They all said it was the worst movie they had ever seen except Steven Spielberg who said it would make a lot of money and be super popular.
47. R2-D2 is named after an editor's term called "Reel 2, Dialogue 2".
48. The original Star Wars trilogy are the BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!
49. In George Lucas' first draft, the main character was called Luke Starkiller.
50. When they where filming the first scenes, Luke was called Luke Starkiller but they changed it half way through production. Fortunately it did not cause a problem because they had not given his complete name yet.
I got all of these facts from the following links: