Anyone who saw the first Independence Day should be eagerly awaiting the announced Independence Day 2 sequel that Roland Emmerich is returning for. We haven't heard a whole lot about it yet, except for most of the cast:
- Jeff Goldblum returning as David Levinson
- Liam Hemsworth as Jake Morrison
- Maika Monroe as Patricia Whitmore
- Joey King
- William Fichtner as General Adams
- Charlotte Gainsbourg as Dr Catherine Marceaux
- Vivica A Fox as Jasmine
- Pill Pullman returning as President Whitmore
- Sela Ward as President Lanford
- Brent Spiner as Dr Brakish Okun
- Judd Hirsch as Julius Levinson
So that's pretty exciting in itself, but now we also have an official name for the film.
I don't know about you guys but I think that's a pretty awesome name, and it's getting me pretty excited to see more of this world. I'll finish with the official synopsis of the film.
"Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction."
I don't know about you guys, but upon reading that, my mind went like this:
Thanks for reading!