Okay, now I am a huge fan of AMC's The Walking Dead. I love the fact fans can fall so deeply in love with characters that are just as likely to become walker fodder in a week's time. AMC manages to blend just enough episodes through the series that focuses on the human side of the zombie apocalypse as it does giving us episodes that are nothing more than glorified splatter-fest.
But the thing I love the most about The Walking Dead is all the theories that precede each season. I just love the dedication from fans who scour the internet and come up with some of the most amazing theories in relation to what will happen with each season of The Walking Dead.
So this is where Moviepilot readers can help out. I have a list below of some of the current theories floating about in regards to Season 6 of The Walking Dead, but I need your help! Let me know your theories for what might happen to Rick Grimes and his gang as they spend Season 6 in Alexandria.
SPOILER ALERT for the theories below as both the comic books and TV series of The Walking Dead will be discussed. Proceed with caution!
- Negan. Comic book fans will know exactly what I am talking about. And, considering there was some Season 5 clues heralding his arrival, it is likely Negan and his baseball bat of barbed wire horror is about to make himself known.
- Wolves. We saw plenty of warnings about the Wolves in Season 5 of The Walking Dead, but now in Season 6, could their presence be the reason Deanna was so eager to get Rick's group on board? After all, they are battle ready and the people of Alexandria are just a cushier version of Woodbury.
- Daryl Dixon will get a lady friend. This theory revolves around a casting call earlier in the year for a psychologist called Allison. Could a doctor be just the thing to soothe Daryl's childhood issues?
- Morgan loses an arm. Now, I know this is very similar to the Hershel story line, but if it worked for the comic books, then it should certainly work for the TV version of The Walking Dead.
- Carl loses an eye. This is another comic book to TV screen prediction.
- Glenn. Nothing bad will happen to Glenn and he and Maggie will live happily ever after. I know this probably isn't how it will go down in Season 6 for these two, rather Negan is likely to bash Glenn's head in with his bat-o-hell, but I can dream can't I?
- Rick will become the supreme ruler of Alexandria. Let's face it, while Deanna is very good at recruiting and making speeches, she is not a walker crusher. Rick is just the kind of person a town like Alexandria needs.
- Even though they keep denying it, there will be a crossover somewhere in relation to their Walking Dead spin-off show, Fear The Walking Dead.
- With the release of the new Season 6 artwork for The Walking Dead, will Father Gabriel be more of a problem than first anticipated? After all, in the image below, he is standing on the side with the people of Alexandria.
Now you can hit me up with your theories on what will go down in Season 6 of AMC's The Walking Dead! Can't wait ot hear from you all.
(Image credits: AMC)