The Doctor; one of the most feared and powerful beings in the universe, last of his race, and he has the TARDIS. What could possibly defeat him? Well I'm glad you asked...
In his 900 years in the world, he's encountered countless villains, some more dangerous than others. We saw in Series 5 (NuWho) that
The Doctor's most nefarious foes teamed up to lock him away in the Pandorica, and while that temporary victory lasted, it got me thinking,
What if the Doctor's most powerful villains teamed up, to kill the Doctor?
I know, I know, this is probably your reaction if that actually happened:
But fortunately he can regenerate, but this is completely fiction and non canonical so pretty much there's little to no continuity rules, but allow me to set the scene.
- The Doctor is in the last body of his regeneration cycle
- He cannot be granted another cycle
- He has access to both his Sonic and TARDIS
- Little to no help from his companion.
So back to what you probably came here for:
The Silents, a very frightening race. Not because of their appearance, but because of their ability to be wiped from your memory the second you turn your back on them, thus causing The Doctor and his friends to draw tally marks on their body to remember if they'd had an encounter, and are extremely unnerved to look in the mirror and see their body covered in marks.
Powers and Abilities
- Amnesia: You can only remember them while you're looking at them. Look away and you forget.
- Electric Absorption: Once they absorb a small amount of electricity, they can shoot said electricity out of the hands, thus claiming their victim.
- Strength and Durability: The Silents, though not invincible, possess the ability to easily take a bullet and survive, and destroy glass/thin walls.
How They Could Defeat The Doctor
Combined with the abilities of the Doctor's other foes, The Silents could easily perform a sneak attack while the Doctor is preoccupied with another villain, since he would have forgotten about them if they're out of his line of sight.
THE VASHTA NERADA
I can't go into much detail about the Vashta Nerada without giving spoilers for Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead. What I can say is that due to the fact that anywhere, a shadow could be the Vashta Nerada, it caused great fear of the dark in many. They are microscopic organisms, nearly invisible to the naked eye, but they hunt in the dark, taking the form of what we see as shadows.
Powers and Abilities
- PIRANHAS OF THE AIR: They have the ability to shred a human leaving nothing but a skeleton.
- COUNT THE SHADOWS: When the number of your shadows increases, the worse your fate. To avoid the shadows, you must stay in the light at all times.
How They Could Defeat The Doctor:
In Silence in the Library, we saw The Doctor and his fellow astronauts exploring the library, while constantly having to be on the watch for the evil shadows.
The Daleks are, as you can see, unapologetic, destructive, dangerous, alien killing machines, and arguably The Doctor's most diabolical nemeses. From the planet Skaro, their sole purpose is to destroy the Doctor, which is why I chose them for my team.
No, not that team...this team:
You're gonna be seeing that gif a lot in this article.
Anyway, where were we....oh yes.
POWERS AND ABILITIES
- THE PLUNGER AND WHISK OF DEATH: The Dalek's each have tools known as the manipulator arm and and gunstick in their midsection capable of performing a slew of technical operations including a sort of "mind sucking", as well a deadly laser capable of incapacitating anybody standing in their way.
- HOVERING: Yes, they can go upstairs. This was addressed very early on in the new series. This solves the problem which would render them on allowing their enemies an easy stairwell escape.
- EYESTALK: This is pretty much their bionic eye, containing technology that can help them identify species and things of that nature.
- INDESTRUCTIBLE ARMOR: The Daleks have near invincible armor, immune to a normal gun or bullet. The Daleks require unique weaponry to be pierced.
- EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT: A means of time travel for the Daleks, and the prime reason in which they and The Doctor are constantly crossing paths.
How they could defeat The Doctor:
A Dalek could easily chase down The Doctor, although the Doctor would most like use his Sonic Screwdriver to disable them, but with a whole fleet of Daleks with the combined power of our other 3 villains, one could fire at the Doctor.
Just like in the Season 4 Finale when he was reunited with Rose Tyler, causing him to half-regenerate, creating the Meta-crisis Doctor. If a mere distraction like being reunited with your companion that almost died inadvertently at your hands after years of her being trapped in an alternate dimension can allow you to get shot by a Dalek, surely a Silent or Weeping Angel would as well.
THE WEEPING ANGELS
DON'T BLINK! BLINK AND YOU'RE DEAD!
Their first foray into popularity and the Doctor Who mythology was in the Series 3 Episode entitled Blink. This episode also spawned the iconic quote uttered by the 10th Doctor himself:
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
~The 10th Doctor
POWERS AND ABILITIES:
- SENDING PEOPLE THROUGH TIME: The angels have the ability to send somebody to any given point in time at the touch of a finger.
- SHAPE SHIFTING: Angels can take the form of any statue, including Lady Liberty herself. Also, any image of an Angel becomes and Angel, so if someone is looking at a photograph of an Angel, that Angel would soon possess the powers and traits that of an Angel in the form of a Statue.
- DON'T BLINK: More of a curse and a blessing you could say. As long as nobody is looking at an Angel, somewhat similar to the Silents, the aforementioned Angel can move and attack freely, but once they are in somebody's line of sight, they are rendered immobilized.
How they could defeat The Doctor:
Again, it would be extremely difficult for an Angel or even a group of Angels to singe-handedly eliminate Doctor Who. In the event of working with other villains, they could be used as a diversion for The Doctor, and even a potential barricade, like we saw in the episode as they corned Sally around the TARDIS.
So as you can see,
stealth is a common theme in my picks, and I think the mental overload would overwhelm the Doctor, even if he is a 1000 year old genius. When the stealth and distraction of Angels and Silents, combined with the deadliness of the Vashta Nerada and Daleks, it makes for a frightening and fierce team. (Obligatory gif incoming)
So, tell me:
Do you think this team is capable of defeating The Doctor?
Thanks for reading!
Feel free to follow if you liked what you saw and want some more eye candy, and by eye candy I mean articles of course.