Be warned, this is the time where all fanboy-isms should be checked out before moving any further. And let me make it clear that I thoroughly love Batman and have a deep respect for him. I even consider him as one of the greatest superheroes ever created, but that that's not debatable and this is not an article dedicated to illuminating his phenomenons. No, this is an article dedicated to degrading the term, "Because Batman!" and downplaying whoever believes Batman to be the most powerful superhero ever created.
Now, the way in which I have organized the whole article is by listing the ten Marvel characters and highlighting their abilities that I believe will make them worthy foes. In addition, since Batman is known for taking down his opponents with preparation I will also take heed of that and give my opinion on his chances of winning with and without preparation. With that being said, let's begin with number one.
1. Black Panther
The hailed king of Wakanda, T'Challa is a unique and interesting character that has not received much attention from the general audience. Aside from the upcoming Black Panther film and the failed show that aired on BET, T'Challa's attributes have not been highlighted much in the television shows, nor in the comics. However, the parts in the comics in which we do get to hear of his accomplishments, make him worthy enough to be able to take down the Dark Knight.
Genius Level Intellect - T'Challa is ranked among the top eight intellects in the world. His intellect is on par with Reed Richards. His exceptional tactical powers have helped him to out maneuver Tony Stark, Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, and all of the Fantastic Four.
Master Combatant/Tactician - Ever since childhood, T'Challa has been groomed as a warrior. He has mastered all known forms of armed and unarmed combat. He has stalemated and sometimes has gained the upper hand against martial artists such as: Iron Fist, Captain America, Daredevil, etc. He has able to overpower Wolverine twice and was able to defeat Captain America.
Weapons Access - As king of Wakanda, the T'Challa has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware.
Black Panther Knowledge - He has the power to draw all knowledge, strength, and every experience from previous Black Panthers.
Superhuman Agility - T'Challa's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were heightened to the pinnacle of human development upon digesting a special herb. His reaction time is far superior to most opponents
Superhuman Senses - The Heart-shaped Herb elevated T'Challa's sense of sight, hearing, and smell. His superhuman senses enables him to see within complete darkness and hear sounds that ordinary humans can not. T'Challa has memorized thousands of scents and is proficient in tracking them. His sense of smell is powerful enough to allow him to smell fear.
Superhuman Strength - T'Challa's physical strength is to the pinnacle of human perfection, which allowed him to lift upward to 800 lbs. Black Panther has demonstrated exceptional feats of strength like wrestling down a Rhino and breaking its neck, knocking out a Polar Bear, stopping a Elephant's charge, sending Namor flying with a kick despite his opponent's superhuman durability, destroying a water mill by bracing himself on the ground and flexing his muscles, even killing a T-Rex dinosaur while using a palm tree as a catapult while in a weakened state. The extent of T'Challa's strength is unknown.
Superhuman Stamina - Years of conditioning and training, combined with the effects of the Heart Shaped Herb, allows T'Challa to exert his body to higher degrees of stress. He can endure more physical stress than average humans, and. can tolerate large amounts of physical pain.
Superhuman Durability - The effects of the Heart Shaped Herb, combined with a vibranium-laced suit, allows T'Challa to heal at an accelerated rate far superior to the average man. He also possesses a nigh-invulnerability to various diseases, poisons, virus/bacteria, etc.
Superhuman Speed - T'Challa can run/move faster than normal humans and any Olympic Athlete. His top speed is unknown.
- Vibranium suit
- Cloaking Device
- Anti-metal claws
- Energy Daggers
- Kimoyo Card (A portable supercomputer that has the ability to access/hack any technological interface...Invented by T'Challa).
- Without preparation - Black Panther wins easily.
- With preparation - Batman would need extensive amount of preparation but even so Black Panther can win as well.
Tony Masters, also known as Taskmaster possesses the ability to absorb knowledge and instantly replicate combat skills of anyone he observes. He has used these skills as a teacher to many super villains, henchmen, and even some heroes. With this in mind, I find him to be a worthy foe against Batman and his 127 fighting styles.
- Photographic Reflexes - After seeing someone perform an action once, he can perfectly copy the action. He has used this ability to copy the fighting styles and skills of many heroes and villains, mixing them up and turning them into his own style.
- List of copied skills/styles include - Beast, Black Knight, Black Widow, Bullseye, Captain America, Cat, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Fist, Mister X, Ms. Marvel, Porcupine, Photon (Genis-Vell), Puma, Punisher, Quicksilver, Razorfist, Scarlet Witch, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Swordsman, Thing, Thor, Tigra, Toad, Vision, Wolverine, Zaran, Blazing Skull, Luke Cage, Ant-Man (Lang), Boomerang, Cable, Justice, Machete, Oddball, and Libra.
- Voice Mimicker - With just a couple hours of practice, Taskmaster can fully mimic another persons voice and speech patterns, a tool he uses for impersonation and breaking voice-activated locks.
- Captain America's shield
- Black Knight's Sword
- Daredevil's Billy Clubs
- Hawkeye's bow n' arrows
- Wolverine's claws
- Spiderman's web-shooters
- Without Preparation - Taskmaster wins in a worthy battle.
- With Preparation - Batman has a chance to win if he can recognize Taskmaster's ability and overwhelm him with random styles, like Deadpool once did. Batman can also win if he plays defensively and attacks from the shadows.
Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, possessing a regenerative healing factor (like that of Wolverine). Deadpool's powers and personality traits combine to make a wild, mentally unstable, and unpredictable mercenary, hence providing him a high and compelling chance to take down the Caped Crusader.
- Enhanced Regeneration - Deadpool's primary ability is an extremely accelerated healing factor. Unlike Wolverine's, however, his is driven to a certain extent by willpower, which provides an advantage in certain situations. He has regenerated from being ripped apart by a grenade, having been decapitated by the Punisher, and can survive in extreme conditions and sustain other severe injuries with no lasting damage.
- Peak Human Strength - While not superhuman in his strength, Wade can easily bench press 400-800 lbs, and has the strength at least on par with an Olympic-level weightlifter.
- Superhuman Stamina - Due to his healing factor, Wade's body produces less fatigue toxins and gets rid of existing ones much quicker than that of a normal human's, which allows him to exert himself for much longer than humanly possible.
- Superhuman Agility/Speed/Reflexes - Deadpool's speed, reflexes and agility are highly enhanced, and he has coordination and speed to go toe-to-toe with many skilled fighters at once and not lose, clear a room in a few jumps, and perform complicated acrobatic manouvres with ease. He's shown to easily dodge bullets at close range, disarm opponents without them even being aware of what has happened, and has deflected bullets with his katana at point blank range.
- Master Martial Artist - Deadpool is a highly skilled martial artist, and is able to easily engage highly-trained foes such as Wolverine or multiple ninjas in combat with ease. He also shows a degree of unpredictability in his fighting style, allowing him to defeat even Taskmaster in single combat.
- Master Assassin - Wade is highly trained in the art of killing, espionage, covert ops, infiltration, escape, marksmanship, and even Wolverine once admitted that Deadpool is a better killer than him.
- Basic hand-held weapons
- Without Preparation - Deadpool wins easily.
- With Preparation - Unless Batman can somehow influence Deadpool's emotion to slow down his healing factor, there is probably no possibility for Batman to defeat Deadpool.
4. Iron Fist
The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded his power against the wicked, Danny Rand is the Immortal Iron Fist. Protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun, he channels a soul of a dragon making his fists like unto iron. It's his years of training and accomplishments that place him over the Dark Knight for me.
- Chi Augmentation - By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hand, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a very high superhuman level. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Iron Fist can shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself.
- Iron Fist Punch - By summoning his chi and focusing it into his hand, he can draw upon the superhuman energy derived from the heart of the mystic serpent Shou-Lao and make his fist inhumanly powerful and super humanly resistant to injury and pain on a very high superhuman level. This "iron fist" technique does not involve a physical transformation of any kind, simply a psychic channeling of concentrated natural energy. With his fist in this state, Iron Fist can shatter wood and brick, rip through steel, and punch his opponents with extraordinary concussive force without sustaining injury to himself.
- Mind Meld - At times, he has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own power.
- Energy Absorption - At times, he has absorbed energy directed at himself and channeled it to augment his own power.
- Chi Manipulation - The Iron Fist grants Danny with many abilities that he has possibly not yet learned, such as channeling the Shou-Lao chi into a ranged weapon, such as a gun or bow, to increase its striking capabilities. Danny has mastered hypnosis according to himself after being shown it. He has also shown the ability to project his chi as a concussive blast.
- Environmental Adaptation - His entire body is oriented to combat, enabling him to adapt to any environment with minimal exposure.
- Master Martial Artist - Danny is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and many of Earth's. Among them being Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Karate, and has even displayed proficient boxing, loose brawling and street fighting tactics. Danny is one of the greatest martial artists who has ever walked the earth; having held his own against Wolverine and Captain America struggling more with Wolverine in a contest of pure skill, defeated the likes of Sabretooth while temporarily blind, and even defeated Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. Recently his skill has been augmented to unknown levels. He, for example, possesses infinite ways to kill a man, such as the Black-Black Poison Touch which uses his chi to kill anyone in the close vicinity.
- Weapons Master - He has been trained in the use of almost all martial arts weapons.
- Nervous System Control - He has near-complete control over his nervous system, enabling him to deaden himself to pain but not in a fight as it takes alot of concentration. He also is able pass lie detector tests.
- Without Preparation - Iron Fist wins in a worthy fight.
- With Preparation - Without Iron Fist's chi, it is possible Batman can pull it off.
Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. Although he is still a young person, he still is nonetheless intelligent as well as powerful. Therefore, I believe he has a slight chance at taking down Batman.
- Spider web - Spider-man has web-slingers that give him the ability to crawl walls and leap from building to building, among other abilities.
- Spider Sense - It is a tingling sensation on the back of his skull that acts as a "sixth sense" and it manifests when he is around or targeted by incoming dangers. It's a precognition ability that is pheromone based and is similar to Daredevil's radar sense, increasing his reaction time and awareness. The spider-sense can manifest when Peter's secret identity is about to be compromised. It also manifests when he encounters someone who might pose a threat to him or to someone he cares about. The Spider-Sense, combined with his speed and reflexes allows Spider-Man to dodge almost all conventional attacks.
Superhuman Strength - Spider-Man has the proportionate strength of a spider, thus allowing him to press 10 tons without effort and much more when under stress. His attacks are so strong; they could kill a normal person- Spider-Man has to pull his punches or kicks when not fighting foes with similar or higher strength levels to avoid fatalities. His strength also extends to his feet, allowing him to leap great lengths and attain a heights of much greater three stories with one powerful jump.
Superhuman Speed, Agility, Flexibility and Reflexes - Spider-Man possesses the uncanny speed, agility and reflexes of a spider. He can move at a speed that surpasses that of the finest human athletes. This is particularly evident over short distances. He has frequently speed-blitzed many foes- including those with enhanced speed and reflexes, moving so fast that he leaves blurring after images. He has been described as moving with the speed of machine gun fire, moving faster than the eye can follow, and moved so fast that Daredevil (who has enhanced reflexes and senses) could barely register him, and was unable react to a punch he was knew Spider-Man was going to land. Spider-Man's reflexes are forty times greater than peak level humans, and when combined with his Spider-Sense, speed and agility, enable him to dodge bullets and other conventional projectiles with ease.
Superhuman Durability - Spider-Man also has incredible durability to blunt trauma as his body is much tougher than that of a normal person. He can withstand such levels of damage and punishment that would kill non-super powered individuals. For example he has frequently taken blows from characters with high levels of superhuman strength (Hulk, Venom, Rhino, Puma, Green Goblin etc) without sustaining significant injury. He has also survived the force of having a building collapse on him multiple times.
Regenerative Healing Factor - Spider-Man has a limited healing factor. While not on Wolverine's level, it is sufficiently powerful enough to recover from severe injuries from broken bones and large amounts of tissue damage in a matter of days. Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him.
Superhuman Sight - Spider-Man also seems to have at least some degree of Super-Human sight, at least in order to assist his Superhuman speed, reflexes and agility. He could see bullets in slow motion.
- Genius Level Intelligence - On top of his spider-given powers Peter is of genius level intelligence. It has even been stated that Peter scored as high on some of the same testing scores as Reed Richards did when he was Peter's age. He is especially gifted in the sciences such as mechanics, biology and physics.
- Utility Belt
- Without Preparation - Spider-man has a chance of winning slightly.
- With Preparation - Batman has a chance to win if he can coordinate his attacks carefully to both distract and strike at the same time. Even so, Spider-man has a chance as well.
6. Mr. Fantastic
Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic, is the leader of the Fantastic Four. He can stretch his body to great distances due to his exposure to cosmic rays while in space. He is also considered to be one of the smartest men alive, hence placing him at and slightly above the Dark Knight's level.
- Genius Level Intellect - Reed's defining quality is his vast intellect; the Intelligentsia considered him one among the eight smartest men in the world, and Galactus himself once remarked that Reed possessed a "universally relevant intelligence". The great resources and revenues of the Fantastic Four stem almost entirely from the legion of patents for things Reed has created, and he is a pioneer in a range of fields including physics, chemistry, biology, computing, space travel, medicine and so on. His intelligence has helped him defeat Galactus among other characters.
- Stretching Ability - His main superpower however is that his body becomes elastic and he has complete control over it. This allows him to use his body for either offensive or defensive purposes. He can squeeze through openings sometimes even as small as one molecule's breadth. He can twist or reshape his body or stretch roughly three miles fully extended before physical pain. He can flatten himself to the thickness of a sheet of vellum. Other applications of his powers include expanding his lungs allowing him to hold his breath longer, adjusting the distance between his cornea and retina to allow for natural ocular magnification, and in at least one case shortening the distance between the synapses in his brain allowing him to process thought at impossible speeds. Reed can also change his appearance and even animate an inanimate object. He can concentrate his elasticity into one area of his body. For example, it can all go to his fist, making it an effective offensive weapon. This can increase his strength and size considerably.
- Without Preparation - Mr. Fantastic's elastic ability gives him a slighter edge.
- With Preparation - Both characters have a chance of winning although Reed Richard's credibility gives him a tad-bit favor over Batman. But it is still anyone's game.
7. Captain America
During World War II, U.S. Army soldier Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential, he became Captain America. This is a common battle you will find threads on, and because of Cap's feats, I believe he is capable of defeating the Caped Crusader.
- Super Serum - He is as strong, fast, durable and agile as any human could one day be - and his strength is referred to as being preternatural. His reflexes have also been increased to peak human potential and are nearly instantaneous (he is also capable of 'seeing faster' - enabling him to dodge bullets). He has run a mile in roughly a minute (approx 57 mph) and has bench-pressed 1100 pounds for reps (just as a warm up). His one-rep maximum is likely much higher. He also has uncanny accuracy, being able to hit multiple targets with a single throw of his shield, and having enough marksmanship to turn a lighter on and off through a shield throw alone.
Another major enhancement provided is the serum prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles. This means he effectively never tires, making it possible for him to perform at his maximum ability when doing anything physical for an extraordinary length of time. However Captain America has displayed feats that would appear to be far outside the limits of a human. One of Captain America's most recent durability feats is him surviving a 200ft fall on top of a car from an airplane and suffering no discomfort. Steve's enhancement has also allowed him to survive building collapses and major explosions. The serum also enhances his constitution, making him immune or highly resistant to many diseases and increasing the speed at which he heals from injuries and recuperates from illness. The serum is constantly being replenished by his body down to a cellular level.
Master Tactician - Cap is a master of a large number of martial arts and has developed his own fighting-style which melds jujitsu, boxing, judo, karate, pressure points, all-terrain acrobatics and the use of his shield. He is also able to learn how to use most weapons quickly, as Beast has described Cap of being capable of mastering any weapon in seconds. He has used chi manipulation and many other techniques. He is a quick learner and learns these skills fast.
He is an expert with his signature shield. He can hit multiple throws by calculating ricochets. His aim is top-notch. Cap is also a great leader, field commander, and tactician. He led the Avengers for a long time, and his great experience makes him a seasoned commander on the battlefield. He also creates the plans for the Avengers, and has a great fighting spirit.
- Vibranium Shield
- Suit (Kevlar+Titanium) - Resistant to water, fire, electrical shocks.
- Without Preparation - Close call, but I give a slight edge to Captain America for his superhuman abilities and being that of a master tactician.
- With Preparation - Batman has a higher chance of defeating Captain America with preparation.
Vision is an artificial intelligence, a "synthezoid" created by the villain Ultron and an Avenger who possesses the power to alter his density at will. A unique combatant against Batman, I find Vision to be a worthy opponent.
- Solar Jewel - The Solar Jewel on the Vision's forehead absorbs ambient solar energy to provide the needed power for him to function, and he is also capable of discharging this energy as optic beams; with this, he can fire beams of infra-red and microwave radiation. In extreme cases he can discharge this same power through the Solar Jewel itself which amplifies its destructive effects considerably, albeit at the cost of losing most of his resources.
- Mass Manipulation - The Vision also possesses the ability to manipulate his density, which at its lowest allows flight and a ghostly, phasing intangibility, and at its heaviest provides superhuman strength, immovability, and a diamond-hard near invulnerability. The Vision is capable of reaching a density ten times greater than that of depleted uranium.
- Robot - Being an artificial life-form/android of sorts, the Vision possesses multiple superhuman senses—as well as superhuman stamina, reflexes, speed, agility, and strength (even without being at high density). The Vision was trained in unarmed combat by Captain America, and is an expert in the combat use of his superhuman powers. The Vision is an expert on his own construction and repair, and is a highly skilled tactician and strategist. The Vision also possesses superhuman analytical capabilities, and has the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.
- Without Preparation - Vision will defeat Batman easily
- With Preparation - Batman would need to find a way to disrupt Vision's mass-altering ability to defeat him.
After he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured, billionaire industrialist and brilliant engineer Tony Stark was pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction. Instead, he created a suit of power armor to escape. Now vowing to protect the world he helped endanger, he became the Invincible Iron Man. And with his genius level intelligence, he stands a chance against the Dark Knight.
- Genius Level Intellect - Tony stark is effectively a genius, able to constantly create new and improved technologies and make upgrade after upgrade to his suit of cybernetic armor. Iron Man is able to harness his intelligence and ingenuity in order to allow him to defeat more powerful foes and escape their dangerous traps and machinations. Stark is also a powerful leader, able to command the loyalty and respect of others. Stark has been expertly trained by Captain America in hand-to-hand combat, making him a formidable opponent even without the power suit.
- Armor - Iron Man's abilities are constantly changing because of his constant technological upgrades on the armors. In general terms, he has super strength due to the build of his armor. The exact amount of strength is unknown, but it seems that he can lift and press over 100 tons. The armor is very durable, capable of withstanding tremendous amounts of punishment. Tony Stark's armor has a muscularly aligned matrix of crystallized iron enhanced by magnetic fields over layers of other metals like titanium, which grants him endurance capable of withstanding high caliber bullets with ease. He can withstand rockets, torpedoes and such, although he does take damage. The armor also enables Iron Man to fly at high speeds, exceeding the speed of a jet airplane, due to the rocket propelled boots that are placed on the bottom of the armor's boots.
- Iron Man's suit has many power sources, such as solar converters, electrical batteries and an on-board generator that uses beta particle absorption as a fuel source. The suit is also able to convert nearby energy sources, such as heat or kinetic energy into electricity, or even drain electrical energy directly into the batteries for recharge. Although the suit has some open holes to allow the wearer to breathe normal air, it can be sealed off, allowing the pilot of the suit to go underwater or into space by granting its own life support and limited air supply systems. Tony Stark has also created many specialized models of the armor. Other models that are in his possession include a model for deep-sea diving, for stealth, space travel, etc. He has also enhanced the armor on a few occasions for unique circumstances.
- Ironman armor (varies with opponents)
- Plus gear
- Without Preparation - Batman with his usual gear will not be able to defeat Ironman.
- With Preparation - However, Batman has a chance of defeating Ironman if he is able to create weapons that can disable the suit.
10. Moon Knight
Moon Knight, Marc Spector, Steven Grant and Jake Lockley: four different aspects of the same man who was resurrected by Khonshu, the Egyptian Lunar-God of Vengeance and Justice to serve as his "avatar". Those unjust mortals who prey upon the innocents who travel at night, beware the Vengeance of the Moon Knight! The last Marvel character I believe can defeat Batman.
- Military Strategy/Tactics - Throughout his varied careers as a boxer, marine, commando, and CIA agent, Moon Knight possesses a wide range of skills and abilities including military strategy and tactics, infiltration and stealth techniques, military interrogation and torture techniques, driver evasion techniques, and is a competent pilot who can fly most types of aircrafts. He is an expert in a wide variety of military firearms including pistols, sniper rifles, and machine guns with a marksman rating. His military training and background makes him not only an unconventional hero, he can and will use drastic means and extreme violence to stop criminals.
Master Combatant - Moon Knight is a highly skilled combatant who is equally adept in both unarmed and armed fighting techniques; he is a former heavyweight boxing champion who has comprehensive knowledge of the weak points of the human body. Moon Knight's fighting style is brutal and straight to the point and combines techniques from Krav Maga, Dambe, Savate, Silat and FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) to put down his opponents as quickly and as painfully as possible. He also has advanced skills in Judo, Kung Fu and is an Olympic-class athlete, acrobat and gymnast. Taskmaster claims that there is no one's fighting style that he hates copying more than Moon Knight's. This is because unlike most other fighters, Moon Knight prefers not to block or evade an attack or injury if it allows him the opportunity to counterattack his opponent; much like how some boxers will actually court their opponent to attack and trusting in their stamina and ability to take punishment. Moon Knight possesses an extraordinary degree of pain tolerance and has casually ignored debilitating wounds and major injuries to keep fighting.
- Weapon Master - He is also highly adept in various conventional and unconventional weaponry as well including shurikens and thrown projectiles, combat knives and swords, batons, truncheons, bo staffs, nunchucks, three-sectional staffs, longbows, chains, and bolos.
- Detective Skills - Thanks to his extensive experience in criminal investigations, Moon Knight has also picked up a surprising degree of skill as a detective including how to profile psychopathic behavior and a broad base knowledge of the criminal underworld.
- Crescent Darts
- Ancient Fighting Gloves
- Body armor (Kevlar/Adamantium/Carbodanium)
- Without Preparation - Both Batman and Moon Knight have an equal chance of winning, especially since they posses many many similarities both physically and mentally.
- With Preparation - Since Batman has much credibility, he has the slighter edge, even so, it can be anyone's game.