It appears as if the Street cannot support a unified viewpoint for Netflix, Inc. stock. In the last three months almost all the analysts showed optimism regarding the stock of the company, however the calls in the current month have been of diversedopinion. W. Baird & Co. analyst William V Power increased its stock price target to $750 from $140, while reiterating an outperform rating.
The positive revison from William V Power did not help in revining shareholders confidence and the share price continued to drop for four days in a row.
The company stock performed really well. Dring the year the stock went up by over 87.67%. Keeping it in mind and the stock touching its all time high, shareholders believes Netflix stock is a risk investment now. Also the share price is expeced to go down from here as any adverse news in the market will force the investor to sell their stock.
Understanding the susceptibility of the price, the company’s board permitted a 7 for 1 stock split this month so that the mental factor perhaps dealt to some extent. However, the stock split step failed to achieve the expected results and Netflix stock continues to go down.
Following are the key revisions by the street analysts,who covered Netflix stock.
1.UBS analyst Douglas D Mitchelson increased stock target price from $600 to $722, and gave Buy rating to the stock.
2. Needham & Co analyst Laura A Martin increased target stock price from $600 to $780, and also rate it a Buy.
3. Oppenheimer & Co analyst Jason S Helfstein increased target stock price from $610 to $775, reaffirming Outperform rating.
4. BTIG LLC analyst Richard Greenfield increased target stock price by $600 to $950, and reiterated Buy rating.
5. Societe Generale analyst Christophe Cherblanc increased target stock price from $480 to $585, and reduced it to Sell from Buy.
6. Mizuho Securities USA Inc analyst Neil A Doshi started coverage with rating of Neutral and $720 target stock price.
7. MKM Partners analyst Rob Sanderson increased target price from $690 to $885, and gave it a Buy rating.
Almost 44 analysts were polled by Bloomberg, 22 gave it a Buy, 16 assigned a Hold rating, while remaining 6 suggested a Sell.
The consensus stock price target is $634.40 showing negative potential of 1.5% compared to current price.
BTIG LLC analyst Richard Greenfield was most bullish with $950 target price maximum amid street analysts. Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter was most bearish with $270 target price.