So far, 2K have confirmed the following wrestlers for WWE 2K16: Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, WWE Superstars Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose and Bad News Barrett, WWE Diva Paige and NXT Superstar Finn Bálor. On July 6th, Steve Austin was revealed to be the cover Superstar, confirming him for the game. The next day, Austin was officially confirmed, as well as Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt, and Sting. On July 8, Sheamus and Neville were confirmed. So far so good.
However, if we can put the roster aside, WWE 2K16 is going to have to make some serious improvements if it hopes to improve upon the mess that was WWE 2K15. Okay, it wasn't a complete mess, but you know something is wrong when Eurogamer gives your game a 3/10. The WWE 2K franchise has had a lot more downs than ups and we really hope we start to see them step up their game!
WWE 2K16 - Everything 2K Needs to Improve Upon WWE 2K15 for Release Date!
Rather then pull the entirety of WWE 2K15 apart and dissect everything that's wrong with it, I'd rather focus on the main issues at hand. However, these are annoyances that need to be addressed nonetheless:
- The weapons system in 2K15 needs some unbelievably serious work
- Create-a-finisher: why do they implement something great and then take them away? It makes no sense! Bring it back 2K
- A much greater degree of realism is needed in wrestler's animations
- The stamina system needs work, so many people I know just turn it off
- Where is the blood? I know you want to make it PG, but it's ridiculous
- Create a Title and Create an Arena should make a return too
- Bring back the countless match types you removed 2K, why do you insist on shooting this franchise in the foot?!
Okay, rant over.
WWE 2K16 Needs a Better Roster & a Beta!
We all know the problems and controversies we've had over the years with the roster in 2K's games. But I think a lot of their issues would be ironed out if they actually held a beta for those on XBOX One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3. Playing WWE 2K15 online is, at times, infuriating. The game's servers are so slow that you'll often miss a moment of essential timing due to 2K's inability to create a good online framework and not your skill level.
If a beta was held every year for the WWE franchise, their releases would be far superior. Instead, year after year we see the likes of WWE 2K15 arrive and so much of the franchise has been changed, removed or butchered. It's mind-boggling, and devoted wrestling fans are really irritated by their choices. Set up a beta system and let your audience become part of what makes your games succeed. Have you any other issues you'd like to see fixed in WWE 2K16? Let us know in the comments!