Unfortunately Comic-Con 2015 has finally come to an end, but trust me there's no need to feel sad because there's been an overflow of news, interviews, trailers and just general awesomeness! You've probably lost track of all of it whether you were at the con and are now organising your sweet swag or if you were at home wishing you were there. Don't fret, you may have missed some things but I'm here to break down as much of the important stuff that went down over the past few days that I can.
Since this is COMIC Con, I'll start off with something more comic book related.
Let's start off with the DCU (DC Cinematic Universe) because we certainly have a lot to look forward to next year.
The Warner Bros. Comic Con Panel went nuts for DC's frontrunner of the panel which was none other than 'SUICIDE SQUAD'! You can watch the footage you've been waiting for below.
After the video clip finished, Suicide Squad director David Ayer took to the stage and said:
"You guys run this shit, and we're making this movie for you. It's all about canon, it's all about being true to the source material..."
"I'm not tyring to start an East coast verus West coast feud with Marvel Comics, but DC has the best villains. We're here to talk about bad guys and no one has bad guys like DC Comics."
Can't really argue with anything so far.
Next comes probably the most anticipated and hyped for movie of SDCC 2015.
Zack Snyder before the panel rolled up in style in the new Bat-mobile that will be used in the upcoming movie giving away free T-shirts. Nice!
More importantly though, the brand new trailer for [Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice](tag:711870) was shown in Hall H and has been officially released so go watch and speculate over that for the next few months:
"The idea of Batman fighting Superman is a thing that happens all the time in comic books," Snyder says. "We had done stuff in Man of Steel that allows us to create a conflict for what this movie is about," adding, "and maybe more with other super heroes."
These may have been the 2 main DC contenders at the panel but as well as this in a prelude to all of this amazingness, the panel audience witnessed what future projects are going to crop up in the future. There was:
- A 'Wonder Woman' logo
- 'Justice League' Part 1 & Part 2 logos and concept art.
- 'The Flash' movie logo as well as an illustration of Ezra Miller with longer, dark hair as the Flash.
- 'Aquaman' logo and concept art.
- 'Cyborg' logo and concept art.
- Green Lantern reboot with the new logo and title - 'Green Lantern Corps' - (presumably focussing on The core in general with multiple lanterns).
In terms of DC's TV universe there is also nothing short of greatness from your current favourite superhero shows.
Besides the new look, Arrow has announced 3 new characters to appear in season 4.
During DC's TV panel a highlight reel was shown for The Flash catching everyone up on what has happened in season 1 with new additional footage at the end which you can watch below.
Note the glowing blue speedster and then, of course, the voice-over "My name is Jay Garrick, and your world is in danger" and the final text: "Zoom is coming."
In an interview with Grant Gustin, Candice Patton and Danielle Panabaker it was revealed that:
- Season 2 will follow up on the events of the finale, and add into that the Earth-2 characters being a new wave of metahumans.
- The Multiverse is confirmed as being a part of the show.
- It has already been confirmed that Teddy Sears is confirmed as playing Jay Garrick in the new season, with Shantel VanSanten joining as Patty Spivot. Wally West was also mentioned as appearing in the new season.
They may not have had a movie presence at SDCC 2015 but they still had a lot to offer that you should keep an eye out for like...
Marvel had their TV panel and started off by talking about 'Marvel’s Agent Carter'. It was narrated by Jeph Loeb and attended by Hayley Atwell and James D’Arcy.
- Season 2 will start up 6 months after the previous season and Carter and Jarvis are headed to Hollywood.
- Peggy Carter will be in Los Angeles to investigate a case that the L.A.P.D. can’t crack… the writers say they have been heavily influenced this season by noir films like 'Chinatown' and 'L.A. Confidential'.
This was followed by the Marvel’s 'Agents Of SHIELD' which included Clark Gregg, Adrienne Palicki, Henry Simmons, Luke Mitchell, Chloe Bennet, Brett Dalton, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain de Caestecker and Nick Blood.
- The Inhuman named Lash will be joining the series. No casting information or an idea of how he will look, but it should be very interesting.
- The big news was the announcement that the Secret Warriors would be joining the show.
FOX also showed an image of new logos for future projects they're working on including...
'Deadpool' has been more than just given the green light; it's also been given its own panel and amazing trailer below (despite the bad capture quality). Watch it before it's gone!
I believe the movie will be R-Rated meaning we'll get to see the Deadpool we all know and love from the comics. Chimichangas for everyone!!!
There was no new trailer, but we got just about everything else possible with the Star Wars panel.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One
- Han Solo 'solo' movie
You couldn't really ask for more. (Except that secret concert I wasn't invited to).
In addition to being a part of the 'Lego Dimensions' game (trailer), Doctor Who has a new and interesting trailer for season 9. Wow. 9 seasons already. It's seems just like yesterday or tomorrow or... whatever roll the clip.
- Michelle Gomez attended the panel meaning we will be seeing a lot more of her character Missy in the following season.
- There appears to be Dalek structures during one shot which could mean there will be a trip to a Dalek world, maybe even Skaro.
- Maisie Williams is now a part of the show - if rumours are to be believed then she is The Doctor's daughter. Remember? From that episode ages ago? Course you do you're a Whovian.
We're not sure exactly when Sherlock season 4 is coming back, but it's confirmed that there will be a Christmas special this year which you can watch the trailer for below:
Now I know I haven't covered everything so I'll give honourable mentions:
- Walking Dead Season 6 (trailer)
- Fear the Walking Dead (trailer is in link)
- Game of Thrones Season 6 (panel)
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (trailer - sort of)
- iZombie Season 2
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow (preview)
- Ash vs Evil Dead (trailer)
- X-Men: Apocalypse
- Heroes Reborn (trailer)