If you are a total Disney addict like me and have grown up watching the films. Then you may just be surprised with the facts that you are about to read.
The eight lovely original Disney Princesses are Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Snow White and Cinderella. But the Princess club has found itself expanding overtime with Tiana, Rapunzel and Merida joining in the party! And it looks like these Princesses could potentially have new members soon too, with Anna and Elsa from Frozen on the verge of being accepted. I wonder if they will start reciting Mean Girls lines soon and tell the newbies "You can't sit with us."
Time to unleash the awesome facts about those charming Princess films!
20. Ariel is the only Disney Princess who was not born a human
19. The only princess who is based on a real person is Pocahontas. Pocahontas was born in the late 1500s. Some say Mulan was real but this is just legend, she was based on the mythical and epic Chinese hero, Hua Mulan
18. It may surprise you that Aurora only had 18 minutes in the film. Despite being billed as the main character and having the film titled Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent managed to steal center stage. I guess as she spends half the film sleeping so it's no wonder she missed out on so many lines!
17. During the production of Snow White, Walt Disney had his own unique way of ensuring everyone understood his frame-for-frame vision of the film. Walt summoned the artists onto an empty sound stage and spent hours taking the script and acting the full story out for all to see. Walt did this to help the animators along with their process and to make sure his vision happened just as he wanted it to be
16. You have probably noticed that Snow White has famously rosy cheeks. Amazingly, this effect was created by the women in the Ink and Paint department, who found the perfect color by applying rouge to the stills. But in the end they used rose-colored dye. One lady in particular, Elen Ogger, shone with her talented application skills was and was hired to do all the close-ups in Snow White!
15. The voice of Tiana in Princess and the Frog could have been Beyoncé. But, she refused to audition, so her Dreamgirls co-star Anika Noni Rose snapped it up instead!
14. In 1994, the voice of Snow White, Adriana Caselotti became the first female voice actress to be named a "Disney Legend"
13. You may be thinking that Pocahontas was the first Native American Princess in a Disney movie. Well, don't be forgetting little Tiger Lily from Peter Pan, this brave Princess came first!
12. Mulan is the only character on the official Disney Princess lineup that is a bit of a fake Princess. All of the others married a Prince or were Princesses by birth. As Mulan is such a badass, she had to be allowed in to the Princess club
11. Have you ever noticed that Beauty and The Beast are the only ones wearing the blue in the film? Both characters are outsiders and this color brings them together. The Beast is wearing blue when Belle first meets him. Gaston, on the other hand wears red to symbolize he is the bad guy.
10. Ariel was the first Disney princess to have siblings. Cinderella had those troublesome step-sisters, but Ariel was the only one, until Merida, Elsa and Anna came along.
9. The moment when Cinderella's dress transforms in to her beautiful ballgown is said to be one of Walt Disney's favorite animations.
8. Cinderella’s costume design was inspired by the character from the 1935 Disney short, The Cookie Carnival
7. Cinderella was Walt Disneys' favorite! Walt surprised the actress behind the voice of Cinderella, Ilene Woods with these words:
''Once I went into his office and he said to me, ‘You’re my favorite heroine, you know.’ I said, ‘You mean Cinderella?’ ‘Yes,’ he said, ‘there’s something about that story I associate with.''