Now most of must have seen the season 5 finale of "Game of Thrones." by closing many plot lines and opening new ones, the finale left us on a huge cliffhanger.
Spoilers ahead, please go back if you haven't watched the latest season of game of thrones.
- Tyrion and Varys are in Meereen with the task of governing the city in the absence of Daenerys, with assistance from Grey Worm and Missandei.
- Jorah and Daario leave in search of their Khaleesi, who has escaped on a dragonback from the fighting pits.
- Daenerys is surrounded by an enemy's Khalasar.
- Arya has gone blind in the HOUSE OF BLACK AND WHITE, because she has taken the life of Ser Meryn Trant which doesnt belong to the many-faced God/
- With Shireen burnt alive by Melisandre, Selyse committing suicide, Stannis killed by Brienne[ yes,it was confirmed] and Myrcella poisoned, almost the entire Baratheon clan has been wiped out this season.
- Cersei was humbled in a most gruesome way imaginable by the High Sparrow.
- Sansa and Theon apparently escape Winterfell from the clutches of Ramsay Bolton.
- Jon snow is murdered by members of the Night's Watch, because of his decision to accept wildings within the wall.
Now I must say those were the worst cliff hangers anyone would leave. Now almost every GOT fan is hoping that Jon Snow might be revived somehow, because Melisandre being at the wall is giving them hope. But the actor and director have constantly denied the return of Jon snow. If that part is held to be true, this is my theory how some of the major arcs may proceed in season 6.
1. Sansa Stark:
At present, she is the eldest living stark and has escaped Winterfell. Many fans have been disappointed with the decision of not including Lady Stone heart in the show. Lady StoneHeart is a reanimated Catelyn Stark who is out for vengeance. There is a slight chance Sansa might take the role of "lady stone heart" in the books by commanding the brotherhood without banners to have her revenge on the Lannister, Freys, Boltons. As they have shown in season 5, Sansa is learning how to play the game, there is a high possibility that she may do so more in season6.
2. Arya Stark:
The youngest Stark girl has been on the run since the death of her father and her current location is in Bravvos. She was turned blind as a punishment for killing Ser Meryn Trant whose life was not hers to take.She would be training blind to be a faceless assassin, so that she could complete her little kill list.I anticipate and really hope that she will be kicking ass around in season 6.
3. Bran Stark:
If you all remember in season 4, when Bran meets the children of the forest and the three eyed raven, he tells him that he cannot walk, but he will be able to fly. By fly, I'm guessing via a dragon. That is one way in which technically bran can fly, thus making him one head of the dragon and a part of the prophecy.
4. Samwell Tarly:
He goes to old town along with Gilly and little Sam , to find out more about white walkers and I'm guessing Sam would try to convince his father of the real white walker threat. With Jon snow gone, he would become the main character at the wall.
5. Cersei Lannister:
She would be hungry for vengeance for many reasons- for Joffrey's death, Tyrion killing Tywin, Ellaria murdering Mrycella, and The High Sparrow for humiliating her. She would work her revenge out with Maester Qyburn and the newest member of The Kings Guard. There is a chance she might see her last child die, in a war between King's Landing and Dorne, as well as the faith militant.
6. Little finger:
With Cersi busy in king's landing, little finger will try to take the matters of the north into his hands and will try to become the warden of east and north. Let's see what tricks the cunning man has in his sleeves, the next season.
7. Daenerys Targaryen:
Daenerys, our vey own khaleesi will be have a tough time dealing with the dothraki that have apparently captured her, as well as controlling "Drogon". My best bet is that she would set sail for King's Landing at the end of season six.
These are a few character arcs that would have to take over if Jon Snow is truly not returning and as a fan , i too hope for Jon's return.