the practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the Internet.
Today, Friday July 24th, a new documentary entitled Capital C is being released. The documentary will be available on demand as well as in select theatres across the United States. Capital C explores the crowdfunding phenomenon as a whole and how it has empowered creatives in ways never before possible; from allowing entrepreneurs to gain visibility and engage with the audience they establish, to ultimately achieving financial support for their creative visions.
Crowdfunding has changed the creative landscape.
The film itself follows the exploits of three independent entrepreneurs, Zach Crain, Jackson Robinson and Brian Fargo, over the course of three years. By documenting Zach, Jackson and Brian's creative endeavors, Capital C shows how they were able to cut out the middle man, use crowdfunding to build an audience, bring their ideas to life and ultimately change their lives forever.
Check out the trailer for the documentary below:
Capital C: The Movie
Capital C, Crowdfunding and Moviepilot Creators - What's the connection?
We believe that the goals of the Capital C documentary and crowdfunding community at large speak to the Moviepilot Creator culture in many ways. At the end of the day it's all about providing outlets where creative voices can be heard and where YOUR individual brands can flourish. We encourage you all to check out the Capital C documentary and continue to chase your creative dreams!
So... why not start right now?
We want YOU to propose the next big crowdfunding idea, and present your idea in the form of a creative article on Moviepilot.
UPDATE: There have been a few questions and we would just like to clarify - the ideas you propose DO NOT have to be movie related! Of course you are welcome to propose a reboot for a film, game or series. However, you can also pitch an idea for an invention, application, service project and so on. Feel free to get creative!!
The best creative idea will receive a VERY special prize pack consisting of:
- FREE code to access Capital C: The Movie on iTunes
FREE code to access the video game Wasteland 2 via Steam.com (retail value $39.99)
5 PACK of Freaker USA Drink Insulators (retail value $49.95)
COOL FACT: The last two prize items are products that are featured in the documentary :)
- All entries must be received by Sunday July 26, 12pm ET
- The contest is open to: USA, Canada, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India or any of the EU countries (except France- see T&C's)*
- Entry must be in the form of an article or video ON Moviepilot, not a link to another site or a comment
- Entry must be a completely new post - no resubmissions of older posts please
- Tag your post with Contest Entry, then share the link in the comments section of this post
- Any questions about the contest, please contact: [email protected]
- By entering into this contest you confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions
Now it's up to you guys to go get creative and share your ideas.