So here I am involved with yet another Moviepilot Contest. I love these things:
We want YOU to propose the next big crowdfunding idea, and present your idea in the form of a creative article on Moviepilot.
So my idea is much bigger than your typical crowdfunding idea that your average Joe might come across. It involves multiple studios, intellectual ideas, copyright issues and a massive budget, probably bigger than a third world country's debt.
But it's something your average geek would LOVE to see.
Yup, I'm talking Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. Terminator. The ultimate modern movie monsters clash.
Yeah, I thought that's what you'd say....
Dark Horse Comics did a similar idea years ago, but we're going to stay away from this concept right off the bat--no Call, no Ripley, etc. Strictly from the ideas I've been having for years now. You know the ones you have right before you go to sleep at night or bored at work? When you come up with the crazy idea for a movie that might just work if the studios can all play nice?
As a kid, I heard a rumor where the future that the Aliens movies show is actually the future of the Terminator universe. Ripley, Hicks, all those guys come after John and Sarah Connor. Humanity recovers after the War against the Machines and Judgement Day and go off into space for profit. And meet Aliens. And since the movie world has Aliens vs. Predator movies too, Predators must be involved. All three are in the same Cinematic Universe, if you will...
We start off on a planet far from earth: LV-992. Colonized by Weyland-Yutani (the Company), it's a typical "shake and bake colony, with a small platoon of Colonial Marines. This time around, Skynet made an error in the algorithm of time travel, and sent three Terminators into the future. The Aliens future. The three machines materialize on a foreign planet, with no trace of Skynet anywhere.
- The three Terminators are made up of a T-800 played by a young Arnold Schwarzenegger and the other is a prototype T-801 played by Dwayne Johnson. The T-1000 and leader of the group of machines can be played by a young Lance Henriksen. CGI would have to be a must.
Young Arnold--Terminator #1 (T-800)
Dwayne Johnson--Terminator #2 (T-801)
Lance Henriksen--My T-1000
- Unfortunately at the same time, a Predator ship has made its landing on the other side of the planet. For this is one of their hunting planets, where they breed Xenomorphs. Who cares about the human population? They're better prey when scared and armed.
- The Terminators invade the Colonial Marine base and start terminating targets. A small group manages to get to one of the APC's and starts driving to the civilian population of the planet.
- The T-1000 takes on a form that the humans can trust, namely a Bishop-model Synthetic Human. Information he can learn once the T-801 invades the Marines' computer system.
- The Dwayne Johnson-Terminator is equipped with a prototype nano-technology delivery spike, that allows him to control machinery to a certain degree. He can be referred to as a T-801 Prototype. Something Skynet threw together with existing technology as it fired up the Time Machine.
- One of the marines is named Macleod (after the Highlander series) and another is a MP named Murphy (you guessed it--Robocop).
It will be cool to see future Colonial Marine Military Policeman Murphy spin his Robocop-type gun like the original Murphy did. Out in the black, they're not much on protocol or military rules.
- Yet another looks like the Comedian from the '80's classic comic Watchmen. And of course, every war movie has to have a psychopath in their ranks. Perhaps "Cpl. Blake" will get killed by a Predator after running after one, guns blazing.
- One scene involves one of the Alien Facehuggers to attack a T-800 and attach itself to its face. Since it is not human, the Terminator is able to rip the alien off, damaging its synthetic skin and revealing the metal chassis beneath.
- There should be a great chase scene involving a Colonial Marine Dropship, piloted by a T-800 in pursuit of one of the Marine APC's, driven by our surviving humans.
- There's a great scene in Terminator Genisys when Pops (Arnold's Guardian model) holds the T-1000 under hundreds of streams of acid and he melts violently. That should be cool to see when our T-1000 tries to stab one of the Aliens.
- I also want to see a Predator energy weapon take the head off a T-800 (preferably after the chase scene ends in a dual crash), destroying it's Processor Chip and having it fall lifeless to the dirt.
- Of course: lots of Aliens slithering about, Queens on repulsive thrones and Terminators chasing humans.
- Oh, and definitely a Predator fighting Terminators!
- Since there is no more Skynet in the Aliens future, the T-1000 should try to establish a new one. This time, far away from Earth. And with brand new Biological Weapons at its disposal--the Weyland-Yutani scientists and executives are always going on about how valuable the Aliens can be to warfare and science.
- Of course, in typical Aliens, Predator, and Terminator fashions, the entire facility should blow up while the three main bad guys are locked in mortal combat. With the good guys safely away, down in numbers but our main survivors.
So that's it for my pitch, fellow executives. What do you think? Wanna fund this insane venture?