Gamescom is a little over a week away and I cannot wait to indulge in my nerd fantasies with hands-on time with Dark Souls 3, [Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain](tag:2683985), Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, [Star Wars: Battlefront](tag:2684021) and so many more AAA titles! But in the build up to this event, all eyes have been on 2015's most anticipated title; Fallout 4. We know so much about this game so far, and thanks to Quakecon, we now know a lot more.
Therefore, I thought we'd take a look at all of the news that came out Quakecon regarding the kind of gameplay features we can expect on this game's historic release date. Needless to say, Bethesda have gone to ridiculous lengths to make this the most detailed game they've ever created. Fallout 4; bring it on!
Fallout 4 - All the Gameplay News We Have Before Gamescom
Just FYI, Fallout Shelter will be available on Android on 8-13-15. Get on that shit Android people!
So, here we have an extensive list of what the likes of IGN and Gamestop provided us all from their coverage of the event and what fans have told us they saw available in the gameplay department. Some of this is pretty incredible and if you're already impatient for Fallout 4, none of this information is going to help you alleviate your eagerness:
- Perks in Fallout 4 will be tied to your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats and you can actually pick a new perk every time you level up. And the most important piece of information: the Bloody Mess perk is confirmed.
- Dogmeat is extremely helpful. Rather than just telling him to go and collect an item you can see, he can search areas for you to uncover "good" items in the environment.
- The laser musket is a powerful weapon, however it is a one-shot reload gun. There is also a night-vision enabled rocket launcher in Fallout 4.
- Sprinting is an option. Thank you, Bethesda.
- We have quick-switching weapons as well as quick-throwing grenades.
- Preston Garvey and Piper are confirmed as followers in the game, but aside from these two there are about a dozen other companions in the game.
- The Mr. Handy Robots are modeled inside and out. Therefore, we'll be able to blow us some robots apart - probably not Codsworth though.
- Speaking of Codsworth, he has over 1,000 names recorded that he can say, including "Fuck Face". And people wonder why we love Bethesda?
- The Super Duper Mart from Fallout 3 is back!
- The modifications available for weapons are ridiculous. One creation we witnessed was the "metal pipe edged with razors".
- The Brotherhood of Steel have an airship. I don't think I'll ever need another game after Fallout 4.
If you're not excited for the release date of Fallout 4 right now, then I don't think you ever will be! If you're looking for more information on Fallout, you can check this out which details a lot of secret gameplay and story info that players uncovered in the Bethesda E3 demonstration! Let us know what you're excited for the most in the comments below.
Fallout 4 gets its release date for the XBOX One, PS4 and PC on November 10th.