The tradition of the summer blockbuster began in the shark-infested waters of the small coastal town of Amity in 1975 and was set in stone two years later with the arrival of a galaxy far far away. Ever since then, blockbusters, good, bad and the outright horrible, have made their way into theaters and the hearts of moviegoers around the world.
Scores of amazing action sequences, surprising or predictable plot twists, infamous characters, and memorable lines have seeped into our eyes and ears and got stuck in our brains. Lines from movies like The Shining and Jurassic Park have been repeated and ingrained into pop culture. Let’s take a walk, fly, swim, or run down memory lane and guess who spoke the following lines, shall we?
1. In the film Top Gun, who said the following:
I feel the need...
...the need for speed!
A. Maverick and Goose
B. Charlie and Maverick
Answer: Maverick and Goose
2. In The Lion King, who said this?
It doesn't matter. It's in the past.
3. From the Iron Giant, who's line was it?
You are who you choose to be.
A. Dean McCoppin
B. Hogarth Hughes
Answer: Hogarth Hughes
4. Who said this in The Avengers?
A. Black Widow
B. The Hulk
Answer: The Hulk
5. Who's line was this from the film Poltergeist?
A. Tangina Barrons
B. Carol Anne
Answer: Carol Anne
6. In the film Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan who's line was this?
B. Captain Kirk
Answer: Captain Kirk
7. Who said this line in the Disney Pixar film Up?
This is crazy. I finally meet my childhood hero and he's trying to kill us. What a joke.
A. Carl Fredricksen
B. Charles F. Muntz
Answer: Carl Fredricksen
8. In Gremlins, who said the following?
Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.
A. Kate Beringer
B. Sheriff Frank
Answer: Kate Beringer
9. In the first summer blockbuster Jaws, who said the following?
Smile you son of a BITCH.
A. Chief Brody
Answer: Chief Brody
10. Who says the following in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World?
We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.
A. Kim Pine
B. Scott Pilgrim
Answer: Scott Pilgrim
11. From Independence Day who says this line?
All right, you alien assholes! In the words of my generation: Up... YOURS!”
A. Russel Casse
B. Captain Steven Hiller
Answer: Russel Casse
12. In Jurassic Park, who's line was this?
Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.
A. Ray Arnold
B. Dr. Ellie Sattler
Answer: Dr. Ellie Sattler